08 ° Melon.

❝...HOLDS NOTHING FOR US, IT'S TIME THAT WE SMILE AND SAY GOODBYE!❞

HOLDS NOTHING FOR US, IT'S TIME THAT WE SMILE AND SAY GOODBYE!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"DEMON HUNTING IS A GAME WHERE YOU RELEASE DEMONS INTO TOWA CITY..." Masaru explained, "They're the targets! It's a super fun game where the Warriors of Hope fight to see who takes down the Demon first!"

"Wooow, that sounds super fun!" Kotoko squealed, "Can you believe Monaca came up with such a good idea?!"

The girl gave Monaca a soft smile. "See, Monaca? We're going to play our special game! No need to be upset now, right?"

"Mmgh..." Monaca pouted at first, but then put her arms in the air and smiled. "Yes, yes! So exciting! Let's do it! Come on, hurry up and do it!"

(Monaca was always quick to change her mind once things went her way.)

(It was kind of irritating, but she couldn't say that out loud.)

Komaru, on the other hand, froze. "N—No... By target, you mean..."

"The target is you, Miss Komaru." [Name] sighed, shaking her head. "Jeez... So air-headed. Besides, it'll be super fun! It's like tag, but if you get caught... you're dead meat! Like the lamb to the slaughter! Like the Twelfth diary owner when Yuno Gasai went shiiink with that axe!

"L—Lamb to... th—the slaughter..?!"

"You," Nagisa said, looking at their servant. "Hurry up and prepare the device."

Nagito obliged, grabbing Komaru's hand and attaching the wristband on her wrist.

"Wh—What is this?!"

"This wristband is a custom-made device given to the Targets of the game." He states, "It would be best if you didn't try to remove it. Any tampering with it and you'll go boom."

"Boom?!"

Jataro brought his sleeves to his face, grinning. "Okay then... Now we're ready."

"Alright! Let's go hunting!" Masaru cheered, bringing a fist to the sky.

"W—Wait! Wait, hold on!" Komaru interjects, "This is a prank, isn't it?! You're—"

"No waaaaay!" [Name] groans, "Stop acting dumb, Komaru."

"You've seen what we've accomplished so far. For a Demon, you sure are dense..." Nagisa sighed, rubbing his temples with his hand.

"B—But, I'd— I'd just get killed immediately if I get thrown into that town! That's no fun, right?!"

"You passed that test earlier!" [Name] and Kotoko said in sync, with the latter adding on, "How modest of you... But, we know you don't die easily!"