19 ° Atomic Tangerine.

❝WHILE ABOUT MY HEAD THE WORLD TURNED AROUND WITHOUT A SOUND.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EVEN AFTER PAIRING UP AGAIN, THE AIR WAS TENSE. It didn't feel like she and Toko made up—or, well, mended their relationship whatsoever. It was still strained, as though the two were simply reluctantly tolerating the presence of the other while they made their way into the Resistance's base. Even upon meeting Haiji again, he and Toko immediately got into a disagreement. Soon enough, Komaru joined in, somewhat siding with Haiji.

Everything was back to square one.

It felt like Komaru was going in circles—over, and over, and over again until there was nothing left to complain about except herself. She wanted to change her circumstances, but was that truly possible? Toko claims that she's the "walking inferiority complex" out of the two of them, yet Komaru still feels like... she'll never even be close to reaching Toko's level.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

The excuses kept piling up. Frankly, she was growing tired of it herself. However, what can she do? It just won't stop. It's not going to get better—even if Shirokuma says so.

"...This is your fault." A voice cut through the silence as Komaru gazed upon the bodies of adults, injured or deceased because of Monokumas.

Haiji glared at the girls, "This whole time I've been so careful keeping this place a secret. I convinced people to stay underground, stay hidden so they couldn't be followed... But after all that, this happens."

He raised his voice, face turning red with anger.

"The only explanation is that they followed you! YOU brought them here! When you contacted Future Foundation, the kids must have honed in on you. They tailed you, and you brought them right back here!"

He raised his hand, pointing at them.

"It's all YOUR fault! YOU did this to all of us!"

But, that's not fair. She didn't want this to happen. She didn't want this to happen at all.

Shirokuma rushed over, trying to salvage the situation, but Haiji only continued with his bitter words—piercing into her heart like poisonous arrows. He kept talking and talking, but her head felt light. She couldn't process a single thing he said to her; more importantly, she couldn't bring herself to say anything to him or Toko.

Komaru sat in silence, sighing to herself.

Indeed, here she was now, sitting in isolation. Locked away upon Haiji's orders.

...He's right.

She thought to herself solemnly, her guilt making her sink into the mattress below her.