36. Coming Forth.

Anna's red and Grace blue^

"Thanks for lying to me." I answered dryly the moment I saw Kristrin finally responding to my calls which was two days ago.

"Bella, I've been a lot busy lately and I'm terribly sorry, I-I'll explain everything to you once we're alone." He responded to my statement.

I guess running around with a skank was more important than his own girlfriend and cousin's engagement. I'd like to see what he truly has to say when I confront him tonight about it.

"I hope you've remembered the family dinner in an hour." I spoke with authority not taking no for an answer, he was of course my plus one tonight.

"I'll be there Bella." He spoke, this time his voice was dull and void of any emotions.

"I hope so and I also want you there on time." I told him feeling a little off with his behavior.

"Bella, you know I love you and everyone else right?" Kristrin questioned and he sounded so vulnerable on the line.

"Yes I do and everyone else loves you, including me." I knew in my heart he did. It's just that he wasn't showing us much love lately.

Before hanging up I couldn't help but think that there was something bad that was going to happen. During our five years together this wasn't his usual self. His voice sounded dreadful at the end.

I wanted to ask him everything right there and then on the line but kept quiet because I wanted for Kristrin and his family to make up tonight. I wanted tonight to be perfect and I didn't want him to be turned off from coming to the family dinner if I confronted him.

I'd do that after.

"Was that Kristrin?" Grace asked.

"Yes." I simply replied.

"I cannot believe you didn't confront Kristrin yesterday, if that was me and I saw Steff with a female having lunch then someone would be having there funeral soon." Graced spoke and I smiled seeing how much she's changed after meeting Steffon.

She was a lot more confident and more forthcoming and a lot less shy. I kind of grudge how she was getting married to Steff yet here I was five years later. It seems everyone was moving forward while I was going backwards.

But I was still young. I was only twenty two soon to be twenty three.

"Yeah, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I trust him. I'm sure he'll come clean about everything tonight." I expressed.

"Anna, I know that you two have been dating for more than Steff and I have but I think your way too forgiving. It's so obvious that your lonely, and his career is obviously way more important than your happiness."

"I do know it weighs you down whenever you see that tramp around Kristrin, yet he's done nothing to get rid of her. Is he ok making you feel insecure about yourself? You might not want to hear it but maybe Kristrin has changed and it's not for the best but I do hope what you say about him being faithful is true." Grace made a valid point but I just didn't want to believe all of it.

"I get that your being optimistic and all but I'm only trying to show you that things aren't pretty as they seem and if that time comes where I'm proven right. It won't be too hard for you to cope because your expectations aren't too high. I know it's pretty hard being a football player but it shouldn't be too hard making his priority happy which is you." She finished.

I continued putting on my make up while being hopeful. I didn't want to ruin my makeup. I kept chanting that everything would be alright so that I wouldn't cry.

My hand trembled terribly as I tried curling my hair but Grace was there to help.

"I remember four years ago when I'd give you advise on boys and now here you are giving me advise." I laughed sheepishly holding back my tears.

"I think you know more about this than I do because I'm only replaying the messages in my head that you had once given to me Anna. Your the one that was able to get Steff and I to work things out countless of times. I think you just needed someone to refresh your memory." She added finishing my hair.

"Done, your looking stunning! I'm sure Kristrin won't be able to keep his hands off you tonight." Grace smiled trying to get me in a good mood.

"I'd say the same about you as well." I cheered on.

Leaving our home together I drove us both to the restaurant where we'd be having dinner together and everyone was there including, Steff who greeted Grace with a beautiful kiss. They could not stay away from each other for a minute.

Everyone was there, except for that of Kristrin who wasn't at the table. I sighed seeing that he'd be late.

"Anna, have you heard from Kristrin?" Steff asked whispered in my ear.

"Yes, he had phoned me not too long ago and said he'd be here." I told him.

"And how are you holding up?" Steff asked seeing through my little facade that I was putting up.

"I'm holding up, just a little nervous." I lied, if it wasn't for the dinner I'd surely have broke down in Steffon's arms.

He was the only one I'd open up to these days about Kristrin. I didn't want to worry my parents that things weren't going well knowing that would break there trust in him.

"Anna." I greeted my Mom and Dad with an hug each as they both complimented me.

"Ant boy." I kissed my younger brother on the cheeks to which he frowned at me.

"Anna, I'm not a child anymore. A hand shake or a hug would do." He wined.

He had surely grown up to become a handsome replica of me I'd say.

"I think we should all take a seat and wait until Kristrin arrives. It makes no sense standing around breaking our legs off." Mom spoke and we all agreed.

"Anna, I hope that Kristrin is still coming?" Kristrin's Mom asked as I was about to sit.

"Yes Kristrin should be on his way and arriving soon." I reassured her before going to a section of the restaurant and making a phone call to see where Kristrin was but as usual, there was still no answer as I've been getting for the past few days.

I decided to join everyone with a heavy heart. Things were falling apart for us and I could see it very clearly. I felt a crippling pain immediately in my chest just thinking about it but I kept quiet trying to play things off.

It was hurting so bad. So bad I just wanted it to go away. I wanted to curl up in my bed and cry.

I felt Steffs hand around my waist rubbing my back as if sensing my disheartened state.

"Kristrin." Lisa spoke and everyone looked around including I to see him.

And I was certainly not expecting to see what I saw yesterday. Kristrin was walking our direction but with the cheerleader named Samantha smiling brightly by his side.

Just as everyone did I struggled to get up but thankfully Steff and Marco was behind me to ensure that I did not fall with what was happening before me.

"W-what is going on here Kristrin? Why did you bring her here?" I stuttered knowing I didn't want to hear the answer.

The bad feeling of earlier now restoring itself.

I knew the answer was never going to be good. All this time he avoided eye contact with me clearly telling me he had done something terribly wrong.

"There is something that I need to share with you all, except my parents. I wanted to have you guys hear everything from me before you heard it elsewhere. I know it may come as a shocker or surprise but I've decided to take full responsibility for my actions. With that being said Samantha is pregnant with my baby." He spoke and that when everything got blurry.