16. Take my foolish advise.

Kristrin's Pov

I hadn't even said goodbye to my parents. That big fight we had last night I knew it had been coming. They were supposed to be supportive of my future career but yet they looked down on it.

I didn't care what they thought anymore, they wanted me to become what they wanted and I didn't want to be bothered with it, it was of course  the first thing I had planned to do but then it all changed. It's natural I'm sure for one's career to change. They had cut off my credit cards but that was fine by me, I could work and still manage to support myself.

The only thing on my mind as I made my way to college was Bella and the fact that she'd be miles away from me, not to mention the boys but that's how it goes, at least they'd be there to protect and support her.

Sometimes I wonder if going to Alabama state university was a bad idea and just maybe it would lead to things ending between me and Bella, that's why I've ensured that she had a place to stay with the others knowing they wouldn't hurt her or go across the line to hit on her but mostly to ward off anyone who dared to get close to my woman.

I decided to live amongst my football team.... well it wasn't my decision since all the football players would have to stay on dorm. My room would consist of two bedroom and my scholarship to Alabama state university was fully funded which means I'd be fine.

What everyone didn't know except my coach was that I'm doing two major's. I was also getting a major in computer science and would be getting a MBA in business management, something I'd surprise Ava with later on. My parents would be shocked to hear this since it's basically what they and I wanted to do from the beginning.

After getting the keys to my dorm room and my packages handed to me, I headed straight for Bryan's Hall, the football teams dorm and entered my  room.

"You must be Kristrin, I've heard a lot about you from coach Carlos and seen some of your games. I also heard you came highly recommend. I like your style" The guy that is supposedly my room mate came to greet.

"And you must be Taylor, I've heard a lot about you too. This is your second season, I've watched a few matches with you, your a force to be reckoned with" I greeted him with a fist bump and a shoulder bump.

That was completely a lie but I just wanted him to feel good about himself after saying such things about me. I only knew his name was Taylor and he was doing his second year.

"Yeah, it's good to know I have a fan base of my own" He laughed.

"Let me show you what's up, this over here is your room. Our previous captain Jake, as I'm sure you know he just recently moved out after making it to New England Patriots football team. Once you're settled in I'll show you further around and introduce you to the team" He suggested.

"Thanks bro"

After getting set up, I made sure to give Bella a call after receiving a text that she had made it to Harvard safely and without any interference.

"Yow, so there's a football session with the team in a couple of minutes. I'll be waiting for you outside to direct you and show you around" Taylor hailed.

"Ok, just give me a minute"

I got up and got ready to head out for my first football team practice and to officially meet the team.

"So let me show you around"

"So over there is the cheerleader team. You'll be getting acquainted with them pretty soon. Keep your eyes on the head cheerleader for our team, Samantha. She's like apart of our team and the best prize" Taylor pointed to a very slim blonde figure who waved at us.

Taylor waved back at her.

"You'll come to know why she's the head cheerleader soon enough" He smirked.

I'm sure I won't.

After Taylor little show of most of university, I met up with a few of the football team players before heading over to my coach.

"Coach Carlos" I greeted.

"Take a walk with me my boy Kristrin" Advised coach Carlos.

"I normally have this pep talk with my new recruits. After witnessing you play the semi's and the final for Williams field high I was more than impressed with you're skills hence the reason why you're here today. I know there must have been quite amount of recruiters from other colleges and universities yet you choose Alabama state university and I must commend you for that. You definitely won't regret it"

"As you may also know a few of our top players and team lead has graduated and is now with major football leagues leaving a few spots open for selection. With you're kind of talent I see you being a team lead soon, I haven't seen that much force before since our team lead Jake left. In about two months or sooner we'll be selecting four new quarterback and a team lead which I think you have the potential for"

"I just want to know that we're on the same page here. The same performance you displayed at Williams field I want you to display that and more and I can guarantee you the team leader is yours for the taking"

"What about the one's that were before me?" I had to ask because this would definitely create a rift or is it the same advise given to all newbies.

"Don't worry about them, I'll handle it when the time comes" He proceeded.

"I already like what I see. Another thing also is that I don't condemn team members from dating but that little display you did back at Williams field I wasn't too impressed with it, I'm kind of glad you're little friend there decided to go to another school. A relationship at times can be a burden if you know what I mean"

"No I don't" I responded firmly but of course I did, Regina was a prime example of that but I didn't like where this conversation was heading.

"Don't take it offensively but I always advise my boys to play around the ballfield before getting to the serious and trivial part of the game. I hope your understanding what I'm telling you" He looked at me for a moment before continuing.

"All I'm saying is a relationship can make you unfocused at what matters the most, I usually have a one or two players in one and they were always unfocused, it was until they took my advice they became stronger and is now playing for top football leagues so without me they'd be nowhere. I'm one of the best university football coach out there" He explained.

"What I'm saying Kristrin is leave the high school drama behind and look to the future, you're young and you have a lot of potential, there'll be plenty more fishes in the sea for you to catch" He finished putting his hand on my shoulder.

"So you're basically saying that my girlfriend is a nuisance and you want me to break up with her?" It was pretty obvious what he was saying but quite unbelievable for me to process.

"Exactly, you'll be much better off without her"

**************

Remember to comment and vote down below!