Dream is hurt (3/?)

CW/TW! yelling, crying, Sara (dreams mom)

------------------------

"Jeez took you long-" Drista looked at Dream "enough," she finished "Dream, hi, are you okay?" She asked, tilting her head curiously.

"'m okay!" He smiled, laying his head on my shoulder shyly, Drista and Sara looked at me with equally confused looks, Dream looked at his mom, "Mama!" He said, reaching out his arms towards Sara.

"Hi Dream," she smiled, taking him in her arms "what is- all this, baby?"

"I little, uhm, my bwain make me a small boy when I's sad." Sara looked at me.

"He's a little, a little is someone who's mind revert to one like a child, they use it to cope with stress or trauma, or in Dream's case; sadness or being upset," I explained.

"Yes! I this old!" Dream smiled as he held up three fingers proudly, Sara struggling against the weight of him leaning out.

"W-well if it helps you, then alright, but I think we should sit down, mama isn't that strong, baby." Sara struggled, the factor of Dream being taller and physically 20, making him difficult to carry. I took him back in my arms, settling on the couch and Dream in my lap, Drista and Sara following quick, eager to get to know this side of Dream.

"So, who's he?" Drista asked, pointing to Moss, Dream gasped offended.

"D'ista! They no use he! They use they and they're called Moss!" Dream hurried out, explaining very thoroughly that Moss didn't use he/him pronouns, but they/them pronouns.

"Oh my bad, I'm very sorry." Drista tried desperately.

"Nuh uh! Too Moss!" Dream held the stuffie to her face.

"I'm very sorry, Moss." Even though she sounded genuine, there was a hint of amusement and playfulness in her eyes as she watched her brother.

"Now now, Dream, she didn't know, so don't be too mad, she didn't mean to."

"I know that papa, but she needa know!" He said, looking up at me, I was about to answer when Sara started talking.

"Papa? Why did he call you papa?" Sara asked, sounding... upset?

"Because that's what he views me as, his papa, I take care of him and meet his needs, thus making me 'papa'." I explained, Sara let out a 'tsk' sound, crossing her arms, before standing up and walking to the kitchen, Dream let out a whine.

"Why is mama upset?" He asked.

"Big you- uhm-" I was struggling on how to break it to him while small, Dream cleared his throat, the child-like look suddenly gone.

"I'll talk to her." Drista seemed just as shocked as me at the sudden change, Dream stood up, walking to the kitchen, seeming annoyed.

Dream pov:

"Mom." I said, standing in the doorway, with my arms crossed, she turned to me with tears in her eyes, "Why are you getting worked up over me calling Sapnap for 'papa,' you were being so nice about it and now you're acting as if I admitted to murdering our cat."

"You just reminded me of him... I don't like this- thing you're doing with Sapnap." her voice cracked, barely above a whisper.

"Well, he isn't here anymore. He almost fucking killed me, mom! He is the reason I'm like this!" I was frustrated with her, she would do this sometimes, bring up dad and pretend she didn't know why I ended up in the hospital a year ago.

"Sweetheart..."

"No. I know I remind you of him, I know for fucks sake, you have told me so many times! But that doesn't mean you can get upset at me like that, not when I'm little, little me doesn't know better, little me, is the same as a fucking child." I felt upset at my mom, for making this about her, dad wasn't nice to any of us, but this crash, it had nothing to do with her.

"Can't you forgive him..?" She asked quietly.

"Forgive? You want me to forgive him? Really? Unbelievable, you of all people should understand why I won't." I said flatly, staring at her.

"I- I'm sorry, Dream. I don't want to believe he was as cruel as my mind tells me." She said.

"Mom. You do this every, single, time. You get upset, yell at me I'm too alike dad, then I defend myself, make you remember what he did wrong, then you play this little game of yours, I know you don't know how to cope, but this? Isn't helping." I told her.

"Dream-"

"No mom, you need someone to talk to, not me, not Drista, you."

"Are you serious? I'm not some psycho."

"I didn't say you were, I said you need help, therapy, someone to talk to because I'm obviously not the only one with severe trauma here." Mom stayed quiet, not looking at me.

"I know... I'm sorry, really, I- I don't know what came over me."

"I'm going back to Sapnap." I said, turning around and making my back to the living room, where Sapnap was sitting patiently, Drista leaving to the kitchen.

"Hey..." Sapnap said softly, I wanted to cry and Sapnap being soft didn't help, I bit my lip.

"Hi-" I mumbled, shutting up when I felt tears threatening to spill.

"I'll take care of you, if you wanna be small."

"Don't wanna." I said, plopping down next to him, curling up to his side, holding onto his hand.

------------------------------

Kinda short but here is part three 😌 it took a while bcs school started up again so 😭