Dream is hurt (1/?)

Little!Dream and Cg!Sapnap

Others; Drista and Dreams mum (Sara (Fake name!))

Dream: 20, 5'10"

Sapnap: 20, 6'4"

Drista: 13, 5'3"

Sara: 38, 5'4.5"

(A/N at end of chapter)
read comment too!!!
—————————————

Sapnap pov:

"Dream!" I shouted as I burst into his room, he was sitting in his chair, one knee to his chest and his eyes wide with his arms up in the air in defense, I obviously scared him.

"Sapnap! Don't do that!" He said, a mix of annoyance and relief in his voice "I don't like loud noises..." he mumbled after a little bit.

"I know, I'm sorry, but anyways! Drista is here." I smiled.

"I- why?" He raised a brow, you see, usually, I wouldn't announce it, rarely either of us knew she was even here, she would normally just walk in and do her thing until one of us discovered the 13-year-old making herself some toast or dropping yet another glass on the ground, hence why we have the ones that are hard to break.

"I don't know, she actually knocked on the door for once and is waiting for you downstairs." I shrugged, starting to walk to my room, Dream got up and headed downstairs.

Dream pov:

"Drista? What are you doing here- announced-ish?" I asked, letting out a light chuckle at how weird the question would sound to someone who didn't know she never announced her visits or the fact that she doesn't even knock or say she's here, just goes to the kitchen to make toast, her reason being our toast maker is better than mum (I don't agree, mums toasts are the best!)

"Sapnap came and asked me and mum some things a few days ago and she sent me over to talk to you," She sounded serious, it made me nervous and I shifted on my feet "let's head to your room." It scared me how- not Drista she was acting.

"O-okay." I stuttered nervously and shuffled after her as she started walking to my room.

"Mum is at work so she sent me here to talk to you." She smiled softly and sat us down on the bed, she seemed to try to comfort me, making me more nervous about what she wanted to talk about.

"Well- what is it?" I asked hesitantly.

"He mentioned you not driving, Dream."

My heart dropped, I knew what she wanted to talk about.

Sapnap pov:

I could smell the anxiety seeping from Dreams room as I walked out to grab a snack, my face twisted, the sour smell making the air difficult to breathe, I sped up my pace down to the kitchen where it smelled of cookies and hot cocoa, making my shoulders sink again. There was a knock on the door, and I walked over to open up.

"Hi, Sapnap!" Sara smiled, holding a bag in her hands.

"Sara! Hi!" I smiled letting her in, she swiftly made her way to our kitchen as I followed behind her, curious what she was doing.

"We're baking some cookies for Dream and Drista." She said, looking at me with a soft smile.

"Any occasion?" I asked, she seemed to stiffen a little bit, before whispering something that sounded like a 'he didn't tell him yet' before turning towards the fridge.

"Oh- no no, uhm, Dream and Drista are talking about some heavy stuff so I'm baking them cookies for when they're done, Dream was in a car crash a while back. He was with his dad, they met up because Dream wanted to meet him, his dad lost control and swerved off the highway. They both survived, neither was hurt, but Dream got me to pick him up after, and his dad went home." She explained, starting the cookie dough

"When he came home he refused to drive Drista places, I knew he had sold his car because it was just there and never getting used, but I also thought he was better, he told us he was better, but when you came over and mentioned he seemed to be avoiding driving with you, I realised he's not better, he 'proved' he was better by getting in a car with me, just to see, and I believed he was better, but he's still avoiding healing his love for the road, it hurts knowing my baby is still hurting and I didn't know." She said, handing a tray of cookies to me, I made quick work of cooking them before putting them on the counter.

"Oh... I- I didn't know, he never told me he was in a crash, I knew he was seeing his dad, but all he said to me was that it was canceled." I said, processing what Sara had told me.

"Yeah, he didn't tell a lot of people, I know he told Bad, but I think that's it, maybe Callahan, but not people like you, George, Punz, and Sam." Punz and Dream were best friends, so that surprised me.

"Jeez, it must've been really bad then, since he didn't even tell Punz," I said, grabbing the other tray, firing up again, and placing it on the counter with the rest, my ears twitched as I heard sobbing, Sara didn't seem to hear it so assumed Dream and Drista were still talking and tried ignoring it, it died down quickly.

"Mhmm, what are you listening to?" Sara said, catching me by surprise.

"What?" I said, even though I heard her.

"Your ears, they're doing the little twitchy thing they do when you hear something I can't." She said, a hint of curiosity lacing her voice.

"Oh, yeah I just thought I heard crying, it's nothing though." I lied slightly, grabbing the last tray, repeating the same process for the third time.

"Are you sure? Are they okay? Who was crying-"

"Sara," I said grabbing her shoulder, "they're okay, no one is hurt, we both know Dream, and from what you told me, I'm not surprised that's his response, but Drista is there with him, there's not a trace of hurt in the air," I said softly but serious, she nodded and sighed, hugging me.

"I'm just worried about him, he has suffered so much, I wish I could make it stop."

"I know, but you're doing your best, you're the best mom he could ask for." As I finished my sentence, a panicked Drista came running down the stairs, telling me to come upstairs

—————————————

Hey, so this is going to be a series, and I'm talking a long one, this is about 1k out of what is currently a 3k word document, and it's still not done, so strap in b0is.