yo

a/n: I've been gone for a bit 😭 college is absolute hell, but it's soon summer break so maybe there'll be more chapters, by now you all probably know I'm an inconsistent updater anyways 💀 so have this story I wrote in the car 😪
-----------------------------------------
lil!Dream - 17
cg!Punz - 17
TW/CW's: implied abuse/domestic violence,

it's a bit darker but it's what's on my mind lately so 👍
--------

mom and sister were yelling in the living room, I was standing in my doorway waiting for the fight to die down, hoping so badly that it was one of their fights that only ended in frustrated huffs.

I immediately knew it wasn't when the house suddenly went deathly quiet, it was almost eerie how quiet it got, it made me dizzy, I knew what had happened but I didn't want to admit it, we aren't dysfunctional after all.

I walked away from my doorway and made a b-line for the front door, I wanted to get away, but the air made me nauseous and just as I closed the door I heard it start up again, I grabbed my phone and keys and got in my car.

I started driving, I don't know where I just drove, for a long while too, when I parked the car outside a house that wasn't mine I realised where I was going, Punz's house, the only person I really trusted out of my friend group.

I walked up to the door and knocked, the clock was 10 am on a Saturday so I wasn't expecting anyone to be awake or open the door, at least not considering Punz lived alone. but to my surprise, the click of the door being unlocked rang through my ears.

"Dream?" Foolish said, he looked tired.

"Foolish?" I raised a brow, what was he doing here?

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here for Punz," I said.

"This early-? whoa, have you been crying?" He suddenly asked, I brought my hand to my face and felt the tears still running down my cheeks.

"I- uh, I'm gonna leave-"

"huh, foosh, who's at the door?" Punz emerged from the house and looked at me "Dream!" I flinched.

"Hi," I said, taking a step back, Foolish's presence wasn't what I wanted right now.

"are you okay?" Punz asked, I shook my head "come in, I'll get you something to drink." they both stepped aside and I walked in.

I sat down on the couch and Foolish sat down next to me, he seemed awkward, he looked like he wanted to say something but he stayed quiet.

"Juice or tea?" Punz asked.

"Juice," I responded, I knew Punz would know.

-punz-

"Juice." Dream responded, which confirmed my suspicions that he was slipping, i made the cup of juice and asked Dream to join me in the kitchen.

"What do you want to do with Foolish?" I asked, he only shrugged "do you want him to leave?" he seemed to think, before slowly shaking his head no "so you're fine with him staying?" he nodded.

"Why is he here?" He asked.

"We were hanging bc out yesterday and he stayed the night."

"Will he be here more often from now?" he didn't seem upset, only curious.

"Maybe," I said, he looked at me and then smiled brightly.
"You like him!" Dream said.
"Wha- no! shush shush!" I blushed, Dream giggled.

"Tell foosh 'bout me?"
"you wanna tell him?"
"don't mind." he shrugged

-after they told foosh cuz I'm lazy-

"juice, juice, juice!" Dream chanted as I walked to grab his long-forgotten juice from earlier, when I got back I handed it to him.

he was sitting in Foolish's lap happily, he had apparently taken care of another friend like Dream before so he did really well, though I did have to teach him about how Dream regresses mostly impurely which Foolish hasn't dealt with before, it can get messy.

while we were sitting there watching cartoons, Dream started crying, quietly but still noticeable.

"what's wrong, Dream?" I asked, Dream shook his head in return, and then before I could say anything else it escalated to sobbing and loud crying.

Foolish looked panicked, but he quickly grabbed the weighted dino off the couch and gave it to Dream, he took it in his arms and hugged it, Foolish hugged him and wrapped a blanket over them, then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the cuddle session and put his free arm around me. soon enough Dream nodded off and was sleeping peacefully.

"wow.." I whispered, impressed by Foolish's skills.
"hm?" he hummed.

"that's impressive, he usually tires himself out when I do that, I mean it works but it went so much quicker," I said.

"well I don't know why it happened but it always worked on the person I used to care for before when they woke up from nightmares," Foolish explained.

"Something in the cartoon probably triggered him, a word or a sound that has no significance to us."

"How often have you dealt with this on your own?" he asked.
"I don't know, since we were maybe 15 or something? don't really remember."

"that's so long, has he ever told you what's wrong?"

"he did, I promised I wouldn't tell anyone, he's scared something will happen if it gets out he told me... I worry about him, I'm scared one day something really bad is going to happen," I hesitated before continuing  "I know I promised, but, his parents aren't the nicest people out there, there's a lot of fighting, he told me it never gets physical and that it's just average family quarrels, I'm not sure I believe him though, if it's just average family quarrels, it wouldn't make him react like this, right?"

"Even if you're right he won't accept the truth just like that, he knows he hasn't told you the whole story but he also knows he's not ready to admit it, some people need to live in denial for a little more, even though those around can already see what he doesn't want to." Foolish combed his hand through my hair.

It made me sad but he was right, for now, the two of us would just have to take care of Dream until he's ready, and when he is, we'll be here for him.

-----------------------------------

yuh, hope you cried lol /j

ALSO!!! if you're waiting on your request I'm so sorry :(((((  I haven't gotten to work on any of them, i'll try my best but I cant promise anything