Chapter 39 - Fire Cannot Be Wrapped In Paper, Unless They Were Paper Lanterns

Start from the beginning

The vulgarities had spewed out from Rancui as though he was reciting a poem. The salesman froze there for quite some time, before picking his ear stiffly, and he asked with a shaky voice, “M-manager, Ah Heng didn’t manage to hear what you wanted to tell the boss clearly… Did you really say something about a mother…?”

“I did say it, you didn’t hear wrongly. Remember, you can’t have one word more or less when passing the message, and you have to say it exactly as it is to the boss, understand?” Rancui naturally knew that sending a message through the pigeons would be much faster, but that would not allow him to vent his anger! He could already imagine how his boss, after seeing his letter full of vulgarities, would be laughing loudly, unbothered. His boss would then tell his lover, “Look, Rancui this child has grown up already, and he even knows how to swear now.”

Just thinking about it made Rancui so angry that his body hurt. If not for being concerned about Wu Xingzi, he would most definitely have returned to the capital to scold him himself.

“Get the employees here. Send a letter to the Bastion City branch. Tell them that I’ll go over tomorrow, and tell them to get ready.” Did this mean that he was going to abandon the Goose City branch for the Bastion City branch? Ah Heng mopped at his sweat. He was naturally not stupid enough to ask the manager why he was doing this. It was definitely to be a thorn in General Guan’s side, and also to find a suitable opportunity to rescue Adviser Wu if the occasion arose!

Only the manager in the Peng Society would put in such great efforts for its members. It was truly due to Manager Rancui, and that was why the Peng Society had grown to how it was today.

“Manager, Bastion City is a dangerous place. Aren’t you afraid that General Guan will use underhanded means towards you?” Ah Heng was very worried. Guan Shanjin was the local tyrant of Bastion City, and with just a crook of his finger, he could secretly do away with Manager Rancui. Even if their boss had the ability to save him, he was beyond his reach!

Fed up, Rancui grumbled, “Just let him come at me with his underhanded means!” With Guan Shanjin’s extremely conceited character, Rancui was definitely a thorn in his side. If he really followed them, no matter what his intentions were, Guan Shanjin would definitely beat him up. His only worry was that all General Guan could think about was Mr. Lu who was about to get married, and leave Wu Xingzi aside, ignoring him. In that case, Rancui would definitely have to take Wu Xingzi away.

All in all, it was all the fault of his boss for giving him so much trouble.

“Did you remember everything that I’ve said?” Rancui drank some tea to calm himself down. Looking at Ah Heng, he gave him another instruction. “Remember, you have to repeat every single word correctly to the boss. He wouldn’t punish you.”

The boss would not, but the boss’s lover might! Ah Heng looked troubled, but he could only nod and agree. A jade pendant was suddenly shoved into his hand, and he looked straight at Rancui, only to see the manager waving him off. “That’s a present that he gave me. When you’re passing the message, just hold this jade pendant up. No one will dare touch you. After delivering the message, come to Bastion City to look for me. Don’t waste a single moment of time.”

“Ah Heng understands.” Finally relaxing, Ah Heng hurriedly stored the jade pendant on his body. Following his orders, he retreated to start his preparations.

Once Rancui finished arranging the matters in Goose City, he headed straight for Bastion City.

As for Guan Shanjin, after dragging Wu Xingzi away from the Peng Society, he did not return straight to Qingcheng County, but brought the old quail to the Restaurant of Songs for a meal.