Freedom

After I gathered the clothes that weren't  damaged and some toiletries and the last picture of my whole family. We left. Leaving the house that I didn't know long but loved.

We've been walking in the forest for a bit and I've been quiet the whole time. I usually talk every ten minutes to take away the silence but...I can't. He stays quiet...like always...to let me think but there isn't anything to think about.

His hands are behind his back and I can feel him watching me. I look to the corner of my eye to see I was right.

I stop walking and I hear his steps has stopped next to mine. I shake my head and a sniffle breaks through. I drop to the ground but before I hit all the way. I feel someone catch me half way. I'm pulled into a someone chest and I cling to his shirt. I just break down and he just rock back and forth.

"They destroyed everything that meant the world to me. The memories I had are gone. My art pieces, pictures. Just gone." I say below a whisper. I feel him hold me tighter with every word. Like he thinks I might break.

He pulls me back and wipes my tears away but more just keep coming. "I lost so much already. I only have one picture. I didn't want to lose the memories." I say with a breathe.

He doesn't say anything...still...but he just has guilt for some reason. He puts his hands around my waist and legs. He lifts me up and puts my head in between his neck and shoulder. It's a kind gesture. I move alittle and relax.

Time passes and he hasn't stopped walking to rest. I stopped crying no soon he started walking. I looked at the only picture I had left. I smile at it. Remembering how it was taken.

"This was always my second favorite picture." I see him look down while still walking."Everyone was happy. No one was forced to be in it. It was taken without notice . It showed how truly happy we were. No worries just enjoying each others companying. Just being happy with the ones you love."

I rub my hand over the frame. A smile reaches my eyes. "Freedom," I whisper the word engraved in the frame," what a perfect meaning for a wonderful moment."

I feel him set me down on the porch of a castle. I forgot this was the castle in the woods but I don't put much thought into it. It seemed familiar.

He walks closer to me and looks at me with his hand out. I nod my head so he can take a look at the picture. He smiles at it and looks at me then back at it.