Home Sweet Home

*Anonymous p.o.v *

I've been walking for thirty minutes and Jade fall asleep a long time ago. I can hear small snores and her hair is tickling my ear. I smile thinking how beautiful she is. I know its only been a month but I've been observing her since I saw her in these very woods that night. I know its weird but she isn't like every girl in this day and age. Anyways.

I shake to make sure she is in deep sleep and I turn...well...into a big black cloud made of bats. The woods is a very wide and long area so if a human was to walk it would take maybe an hour or two but me...only ten minutes.I reach the rim of the woods and look around to make sure the close is clear. I don't want her to get hurt again.

I gently shake Jade in my arms until she is awake. She turns her head which is close to mine and she flutters her eyes open. I point my head in the direction of the neighborhood. She turns and I watch her eyes grow and she looks at me. She opens her mouth but I already know what she wants. I kneel down and she jumps off my back.

I watch her walk up to her home. I recognize it because well you already know. The bodies was all my doing but I didn't do it on purpose. I was trying to protect myself and my home but I guess someone else got hurt. Yes I know now why she was in the woods that night...she told me.

I see her grab a knife from the ground maybe from the crowd chasing her. The whole neighborhood didn't chase her it was just the ones that were scared. I cringed just thinking how scared she was. It's all my fault.

I was lost in thought that I didn't see her wave me in. I notice my jacket sleeves are covering her hands. She doesn't bother to roll them and that makes me smile a little bit. She doesn't care how she looks because she has been wearing the same thing for a month. I offered my clothes but she refused.

The lights are still on from when she was still here but I see her stop in the middle of the way. I look at her wondering why she stopped. I soon realized when I looked around with wide eyes.

They destroyed everything. I walked further and notice her pictures are all burned and her furniture is gone. Everything was a faded memory. I hear her run up the stairs and I chase after her. I don't hear movement when I reach the stairs and look around. I smell her close by.

I hear a faint sob and look ahead and walk to the door. I slowly open it seeing her standing with her back to me. I assume we are in her room. I can see her hand covering her mouth to help keep the sobs in.

She turns to me with her eyes watery and red. She shakes her head and removes her hand shaking it slightly. Moving towards the only picture that didn't take damage.

I see a faint smile and a breathe of relief but you can still see and hear the heart break. " Home sweet home," she says with a sob. " Home sweet home."