(F) Seylah Alvarez

"What's so special about them? Sure they have magical gifts but without their powers they would have nothing, unlike the rest of us who don't have powers and yet still have everything."

"Welcome to Encanto where everyone codepens on familia Madrigal."

"What's wrong with saying Bruno? If I say his name three times will he appear like Bloody Mary?"

"My Papi is out of a job because of Señora Julíeta's arepa con quesos!"

Name:

Seylah Rosetta Alvarez

Seylah      a habrew name meaning praise
Rosetta    an italian name meaning magnificent
Alvarez      a spanish name meaning guardian

Nicknames:

Sey, Lala, Rose, Rosey, Etta, Ettie

Age:

Sixteen years old

Gender:

Female       she/they

Sexuality:

Pansexual

Love Interest:

I'm not sure yet, honestly her story doesn't really need a love interest but if she did it would definitely be enemies to lovers.

Abilities:

Painting, drawing and sculpting, Seylah's art is how she provides for her and her father. She is also very wilful and witty, smart and fast on her feet.

Likes:

Her father, being rude to the Madrigal family, making money, being complemented, being rude to people who annoy her.

Dislikes:

The Madrigal family, trusting people, seeing her father depressed, working, growing up too fast and butterflies.

Face Claim:

Zoë Love Smith

Personality:

Seylah is very resentful and petty, she has trust issues and pushes everyone away from her because she can't get hurt that way. Seylah is a kid who had to grow up fast after her father lost his job when she was fourteen and has been working ever since, because of that Seylah is responsible but also has a hard time remembering she's a kid. Seylah isn't a bitch but if she doesn't like you she can be and she doesn't like most people. Seylah is witty and can come up with a insult in a matter of seconds, she is very smart and opinionated and isn't afraid to put someone in their place if she needs to.

Background Story:

Seylah's mother died in childbirth, her father Elvis was a doctor and spent some of her childhood working. Two years ago Elvis lost his job, the village people stopped going to him but instead went to Julieta Madrigal, figuring that being healed was better then going to a doctor. He loves his work and when he lost his job he was devastated, unable to find a new job Seylah stepped up and became the main provider of her family, having a growing resentment towards the Madrigal family for talking away the freedom and the last of her teenage years to look after her father and working.

Family:

Her father's name is Elvis, he suffers from depression, somedays he acts like how she remembers, happy and full of inspiration, other days he doesn't even leave his room and she is left to raise herself. Her mother's name was Enna, she died when in childbirth.

Seylah is an only child as where both of her parents, her father is her only family.

Other:

She has a fear of butterflies, they are weird and creepy.