Chapter 871 - Chapter 880

Zacznij od początku

Lu Yao by her side smiled broadly as she humbly brushed it off . "All I had was the passion to perform with someone I admire very much, and I'm genuinely grateful for your acknowledgement . "

The crowd was not keen on calling it a day as they applauded and demanded .

"Ms Dolores, I'm a huge fan! Can we have more?"

"C'mon Ms Lu Yao, how about an encore?"

The Cranberries were left in a dilemma . They were worried at this rate that they would have to perform their entire concert right there .

Lu Yao, on the other hand, shifted her focus towards Yang Chen and Lin Ruoxi, before she snarkily declared, "President Lin is our main host for this evening . For someone this strikingly beautiful, I'm sure her voice is also just as captivating . Why don't we invite her onto the stage and perform a song of her choice?"

As soon as her sentence ended, the crowd applauded in unison .

Many were still at awe at her enthralling entrance earlier that day, but as the main host of the event, they were uncomfortable keeping their gaze glued on her .

The proposition of Lin Ruoxi singing on stage left the crowd in major anticipation . Despite the full comprehension that singing was not her greatest strength, nobody could resist the thought of her returning to stage once again!

And with that request, many people turned their heads in anticipation .

But the idea had left Lin Ruoxi petrified!

SINGING?! she thought .

Lin Ruoxi caught herself in the nick of time before her body gave in from shock!

Nervously clenching onto Yang Chen's arm, Lin Ruoxi was running through all possible options to keep her cool . Her hands were running with sweat .

Yang Chen quickly frowned at the sight . It was obviously a nasty revenge scheme from Lu Yao . Even though it was not known to the public that Lin Ruoxi could not keep the notes at the right keys, but a follow-up gig after the likes of a Lu Yao-Cranberries collaboration was undeniably a deathtrap!

The stark difference between preceding and superseding performers would instantly be a massive killjoy to the audience!

Notwithstanding the fact that labeling Lin Ruoxi's singing as 'bad' would be a gross understatement!

God was always fair when creating mankind . With every point he placed into her business acumen, he took away an equal share from her musical prowess .

Lu Yao knew that if she were to go head-on with Yang Chen, all outcomes were bound for her demise . It would serve her better if she instead focused her attacks on the vulnerable people close to him .

Lin Ruoxi was terror-stricken, as she helplessly stared at Yang Chen, pleading with those pitiful eyes .

Yang Chen pouted as he offered, "How about... I sing in your stead?"

Even if he was no more than an amateur when it comes to singing, he was heaps better at it than Lin Ruoxi was . Plus, this act was a no brainer for him . He had to stand up for his wife .

Lin Ruoxi stared at her lifesaver as she vigorously nodded .

If she could have prevented that in any way she would have already done it, but the entire audience was filled to the brim with VIPs and highly ranked officials . As host, the least she could do was to curb her fear and end the night on a high note . If she were to leave the situation awkward, not only would it be a huge blow on her pride, her reputation would sink into the dirt .