Chapter Twenty

November 26th,2021

Alyssa POV:
We don't have school today due to the events of last night. I ride my bike to the hospital this morning. Junior is there visiting Devon. I walk to Evelyns room.

"Good morning." "Hey" "how are you feeling?" "Good but I could go for some McDonald's. They only feed me Jello and shit here." "Okay I'll go ask the doctor." I say then walk to the doctor.

He says she can eat anything. I go to the McDonald's down the street Junior follows me. "What's up with you?" He asks. "Just getting Ev food. Why?" He just looks at me and avoids to question.

"Mm so this is about the panic attacks." I say sighing. "A little I'm just worried that's all." "Junior I take medication I'll be fine." I say and his face gets more concerned. I ignore it and order.

"It's that bad?" He asks and I nod. "Junior it's been months it's fine." I say as I fill up her drink cup. I put a straw in it and take a sip.
"Isn't that Evelyn's." "Yeah, she will be fine." I say smiling.

They call my name and I grab her food and steal a fry. I get on my bike and go back to the hospital Junior jogs back with me.

I go to her room and hand her the bag and coke. "Thank you." She is praising me. Junior walks in. "Can we talk?" I walk out as Ev mouths 'good luck'. "I need to tell you something."

I look at him concerned. He is very serious at the moment. "Me and Lexy broke up." He says. "Oh,are you okay." I ask. "I will be." He says with a smile.

I smile back. "Why did you break up?" I ask. "Oh uhm, it was just time." He rubs the back of his neck. He is lying.

"Well that sucks." I say trying to be a good friend. I hug him. He questioned if he wanted to hug back since I didn't let him talk nor touch me at all since our argument and last night.

He ends up hugging back. I missed his hugs. We pull away and see Devon smiling at us. Why was he happy? When we dated he was out #1 supporter. I guess he was happy to see us actually being friends again.

"Devon hey how are you?" I ask. "Good uhm just a little king damage." "Mm well hope it heals good." "Yeah me two." We laugh. Junior smiles a little and is mouthing sound thing to Devon behind me.

"What are you mouthing?" "Hm I have no idea what you are talking about." "Mhm sure" I say then Devon laughs.

"Is it about me?!" "No" Junior says but Devon nods 'yes'. "is it good or bad?" "Neither" Junior says and Devon agrees.

"Look there is Oliver's parents. I'll be right back." I walk over to them. "My condolences Mr and Mrs Hayden. I'm Alyssa" I say. "Oh Alyssa, thank you. He talked about you a lot." They say and smile at me as I start to frown.

I walk away. "You okay? You got sad." Junior asks. Devon left already. "Uhm yeah." "What's wrong?" He asks pulling my chin up. "His parents recognized me. He talked about me to them." I say sitting in a chair in the waiting room.

"I feel bad. All he wanted to do was talk. The last thing I did was yell at him and tell him that I couldn't forgive him. But I can and do." I say tearing up. Junior hugs me.

"It's okay, everything is gonna be okay." He whispers in my ear. I cry a little. Then we pull away and he wipes my tears.

Loverboy~J. Wheelerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें