Chapter Fourteen

November 2nd,2021

Junior POV:
"Im playing music" Evelyn says then gets out and plays her playlist. The first song to come on is 'Loverboy' by A-Wall.

I look at her. Then glare at Evelyn she is laughing. We all laugh at it. I missed being called that. As the lyrics play I see Alyssa singing. She swims over and jumps on my back.

"I'll show you how to be in love, we'll be the talk of the town" she continues singing. She is wrapped around me. She jumps off and swims to dance with Evelyn.

I honestly relate to this song. It's all true. 'It's such a shame.Somehow the love came to an end. You've started talking to a tool. You're telling lies to all your friends. But you know damn well it should be me. But I'm moving on, doing my best' is my favorite part.

Then another song comes on. 'Washing Machine Heart' by Mitski. She lets out a gasp and looks at Evelyn who has the same expression. "What?" I ask.

"This song." She replied. The lyrics play and she sings them with an amount of passion. "I'm not wearing my usual lipstick,I thought maybe we would kiss tonight" she says as I stare at her.

She is amazing. I've missed her so much. After 7 more songs and a bunch more singing we leave to Alyssas house. We all walk in laughing and walking then Oliver walks over.

"I've been calling you all day. Why haven't you answered?" He says as me and Evelyn look at each other then at Alyssa. "Because I was busy." "With Junior?" "And Evelyn, why?" "Well-" he starts but I interrupt.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." I say as she looks at me. "Why?" Then he looks at her. She is short of words. This reminds me of October 2nd. "You're an asshole that's why." Then she shows him the photo and we all walk away as he says "I can explain.". We get to her house and she runs upstairs.

"I'll go get her" Evelyn says then runs after her. I stand downstairs not know what to do. I could tell that she was reminded of that day when we were outside.

She walks downstairs. She is all puffy from crying. "Are you okay?" "Yeah I'm okay." I hug her tight. I can't stand to see her cry.

She smiles and hugs me back. "I have to go, my mom needs me home" Evelyn says then hugs Alyssa and leaves.

"Wanna go to my room?" She asks. "Sure" then I follow her. She sits on the bed as I stand. I wait for her to say something and then she does "I hate 2nds" I walk over and sit next to her. She basically had a break up today and last month.

"Are you sure you are okay?" "no" "what's wrong? He basically cheated." Then she hugs me out of no where. "Thank you." "For what?" "Just being there." She looks at me. I look at her and we make eye contact.

It doesn't break. I kiss her.

Alyssa POV:
He kisses me? Why? He is still dating Lexy. "Junior, Lexy." "She cheated on me." He had a point. "But it doesn't mean you should." "You're right, I'm sorry. I'm breaking up with her."

"Good." Then I kiss him. "What happened to your speech?" "Just making sure things were ending so it's not wrong. Or rebound."

I pull him up then we dance to no music. "I've missed you" he says. "I've missed you too." He spins me around and dips me. "I'm not gonna let you fall." He says staring at my eyes.

He stands me up.