One

Cover by @Magenkop

Alex's P.O.V (Picture is Marcos played by Ryan Reynolds)

"Suit. Tie. Shoes Alex, you can't forget your shoes." I hurried around my room on second floor of my parents home. Trying to hurry as fast as I can I only have an hour to get to the interview.

Would you even call it an interview? It's my watch day meaning the boss man will watch me to see if I could be his future secretary.

Costa Inc. was a huge corporation and the boss was a big hot shot.

He was the man looking for a new secretary, male or female, he doesn't care. From what pictures I've seen of the guy I already know he's hot so my mom has been giving me knowing looks for the past week.

Heading down stairs I grabbed my coat and ran out the front door. 

The bus was just pulling up as I arrived at the stop, I stepped on and rode the bus to the big glass chrome looking building and got off. I rushed into the building and slipped into the elevator as three older looking woman stared at me. "Late for my interview." all three of them nodded and laughed in understanding. 

They each began to tell of their interview stories. 

The elevator dinged signalling the reach of the twenty-fifth floor. I stepped out and aprroached the receptionists desk. 

"Hi my names Alex. I have an interview today with Mr Costa." the blonde haired receptionists looked up at me rolling her eyes.

Her blonde hair was pulled into a high bun and her green eyes dull and irritated. Her pale skin covered in dark gray long sleeve buttoned up top. Her coat hung over the back of her chair. 

She pressed a button on the phone. picking it up and holding it to her ear she began speaking in what sounded like Italian.

She hung it up and looked me over for what seemed like hours but was only a minute or less. 

"Mr Costa will see you now and if I were you I would use formalities especially if you want this job." her green eyes sent shivers up my spine. She reminded me of looking into an old angry woman who had her potted plants broken to many times by misfits. 

I smiled softly and walked towards the talk dark haired woman that was waiting for me. I didn't see her face clearly but she looked nicer than the green eyed devil that just ripped my soul in half with her eyes. 

We walked to a solid door and just as I got to the door she turned around and left. I looked around wondering if I should knock first or not. Considering this job is important I knocked first. "Come in." Mr Costa said on the other side of the door. 

I pushed with most of my weight I held on my small frame, and opened the door. Stepping in I waited till I was almost to his desk and said, "Hello Mr Costa. My name is Alex Waters and I am here for the interview for the assistant position." 

He glanced up looked up at me with his brown eyes and smirked. Looking me over more than once his smirk grew bigger. 

His office was set with a white desk which he sat at with two black leather chairs in front of it and a a black office chair behind holding his butt off the ground, 

In the back off to the side was a smaller black desk with a similar office chair in the behind it. 

"Your late. I don't tolerate tardiness. If you want to be my assistant than you need to be on time every day and that means getting here five minutes or more before I do. I get here at eight thirty. It's eight thirty five." his jaw clenched slighty but his eyes didn't hold any type of anger, 

I nodded my head making a note to remember in my head, "My apologies Mr Costa. It won't ever happen again." I told him. 

He stood up and motioned his hand to the back desk. I walked over and sat in the seat. A white piece of paper was taped to the desk. "That paper right now has every extention to every person on this floor and extras you will need to get a hold of. The book right next to you on the right will have all the numbers outside of my family but you will not touch even if you get the job until I hve said so otherwise. I need to know I can trust you. The folder on the left has my date book. Keep it with you always. Don't lose it. Now check the date book and find todays date and walk with me." 

I stood up quickly grabbing his date book and following him out of the room.

"Tell me my schedule today Alex." I flipped through todays date. I double checked to make sure and then began to read him his schedule. 

Watching every move and turn we were making I read, "Mr Costa you have a nine fifteen meeting with Mr Scrahl, Lunch meeting with Ms Stevens at eleven, at two you have another meeting with Mr Giordano, three-thirty you have a meeting via video chat with Mr Johnson and a major notice to call your mom back in Italy whenever you have free time." 

Mr Costa stopped and turned sharply to me, "Good boy Alex. Very good boy." his tone had changed. It was deeper and yet steadier. His praise had my legs shaking with delight and my faced flushed. 

"Thank you sir." his eyes stared at me with pride and suddenly confusion took control.