Chapter 791 - Chapter 800

Start from the beginning

Eleven million... US dollars?!

The most expensive watch in history?!

That regular-looking piece of metal?!

The crowd fell silent. Everyone was staring at the Henry Graves watch in Wang Haitao's hands.

If the Vacheron Constantin was the king of watches, then Henry Graves was the emperor of all!

From the moment it was born, it relied solely on its parts.

Wang Haitao continued, "If we sell it today, it would far exceed its last selling price. You can't actually judge its worth from its price. To me, to everyone who truly knows their watches, this is beyond priceless! It is the pinnacle of man made watches with a rich history to boot. To be able to see it in person... Today has been monumental for me."

As he spoke, Wang Haitao stood up. He respectfully walked up to Yang Chen's seat, returned the watch with two hands and asked, "Mr Yang, forgive me for my curiosity. I haven't seen this watch appear in the news over the past decade. How then did you manage to get your hands on it?"

Yang Chen replied, "I saw a man carrying this in America, so I snatched it up when the opportunity presented itself. He wasn't in need of it anymore so I decided that it would make the perfect gift for my wife."

Of course, Robert being dead wouldn't need his watch. When he'd first gotten the watch, he had always carried it with him because 'the most dangerous place is the safest place'. No one would've guessed he was carrying such an expensive item with him. Even if someone were to recognize it, no one would want to assault the chief of the FBI.

Too bad a man like Yang Chen was knowledgeable in this field. With his photographic memory, he'd recognized this watch during the incident so he wanted to bring it back for Lin Ruoxi as a gift.

Unfortunately, they were in the middle of the problem with Mo Qianni so he didn't have the chance to explain its history to Lin Ruoxi. She had thought that he had given her a scrap piece of metal as a consolation prize. Needless to say, he was extremely peeved.

Without hesitation, he gave the watch back to Lin Ruoxi.

On the other hand, Lin Ruoxi seemed to be in shock. She took the watch from him with trembling hands.

He smiled warmly. "Ruoxi is the most precious to me in this world. So a priceless artifact like this is the perfect gift for my beloved wife..."

Of course, what he said was for everyone to hear. The crowd was stunned, while Lin Ruoxi turned to a beautiful shade of red.

She'd even resented him for giving a diamond ring to Mo Qianni and only a stupid watch for herself. It looked like she'd made a mistake after all. When he mentioned that he had kept the watch just for her, he really meant it.

Everyone stared at the pocket watch. It was a century's worth of history right there in Lin Ruoxi's hands. It was emotional.

Li Jianhe and Shen Yaxin's expressions darkened. They never would've expected that something they did to make Lin Ruoxi look bad would turn into a PDA session between Yang Chen and Lin Ruoxi.

Their Vacheron Constantin worth 3 million pounds was enough to make jaws drop but in comparison to a watch as legendary as the Henry Graves, it was nothing!

No one there underestimated Yang Chen anymore. Everyone was privately speculating if this man had a certain status. Perhaps being Lin Ruoxi's employee at Yu Lei was only something he did for fun?