Chapter 761 - Chapter 770

Comenzar desde el principio

Yang Chen graciously chuckled before he slammed on the table and replied with a tinge of sympathy. "It seems like you are out of luck today. I still have some matters that need tending to. Perhaps another day."

Once his sentence was done, he brushed past the now dejected Sally and went straight up to the second floor.

The truth was Yang Chen felt that there was still a considerable difference between her physique with that of Xiao Zhiqing's silky-smooth skin and soft, supple body. But it wouldn't be nice of him to point that out so blatantly.

Meanwhile, over at Washington D.C, stood a building shaped like a fortress. That was the Hoover building—the headquarters of the FBI.

The building was fully functional since the 70's and have been the center of many wide-eyed American dreams. But the truth was, everyone in that building was just like every other white-collar man. They received income from the public sector ranging from thirty grand to a little more than a hundred grand a year. They usually drove affordable Japanese cars and worked standard hours.

As the current commissioner of the bureau, Robert was a middling superior, neither important nor insignificant.

It was close to ten at night over at the Hoover building but it was still lit as though it were daytime.

All around the perimeter were dozens of American soldiers patrolling around. These men were not your standard run of the mill soldiers. They were handpicked from the special forces. The best of the best.

Hidden within a bunker located within the building, the sound of a man's anger and profanities could be heard echoing the hallways.

"Talk, I'm asking you dipshit! You're telling me that the two squads of SEALs assigned were all dead on site, but there isn't a single drop of blood to be seen?!"

Down in the basement under the blinding white light, Robert's bald head shone brightly. His two hands slammed onto the bulky office desk, causing a thunderous roar.

Several FBI commanding officers and military officials stood several meters away from him. They were silent with their heads hung low.

Just about half an hour ago, the Los Angeles ambush task force coordinator reassured that the target had been lost, along with every single member of the task force including the Japanese squad Takamagahara.

A result of this devastating magnitude was unprecedented and unforeseen.

It would've been understandable if Yang Chen escaped as circumstances varied from time to time. But for every member of their task force to disappear without a trace, it was just unheard of.

"Sir, I would suggest for you to calm down. We might not have found the bodies of our members, but that does not mean that the mission has failed. If that scoundrel really has lost his abilities, his escape would be a minor inconvenience on our side," one of the commanders said.

Robert glared at him in response. "Are you braindead? Do you think I'm not aware of that? That's exactly why I am rushing to put him behind bars! If any other global superpower found out about the revelation that he has lost his abilities, they would start a war just to get him in their hands. Are you even aware of the ramifications that would have on the planet?

"Whoever gets their hands on him would be awarded unimaginable wealth. But you halfwits somehow managed to lose the pathetic scum from the palms of our hands!"

The highly ranked officials were clearly in an unpleasant mood. After all, they weren't the ones who led the charge—they had appointed two members from Blue Storm in their stead. It was a conservative method which ultimately caused the failure of the mission.