Go Easy on Me~ T.B.K

Requested- toxicloveforsally and JadeCollins290
Angst with depression and sh. Karen.

TW- self Harm. Past abusive relationship.
••—————————-••

     Rain drops patter the car, collecting on the windshield. It's dark, not a star bright enough to shine through the blocking clouds. That feeling...that relaxing feeling you got as a child during late night car rides as you had sat in the back seat staring out the window into the dark abyss. That feeling of serenity when you didn't have a care in the world. Now, as you look back in the rear view mirror you see your daughter doing just the same. You know that she imagines the raindrops racing as they slide to the bottom of the window. She has imaginary bets on which one will win.

        'Welcome to Providence Town'.
A sign on the side of the road reads. "Are we there yet?" A small voice from the back seat yawns. Her eyes are staring to tire. "Almost there honey. I promise." The small child nods her head.  It wasn't too long before you pulled up to the house.
—————
You had gotten into an argument with your partner back at home. No it wasn't over something stupid like who left a light on in an empty room or who forgot to take out the trash. It was much more then that. In fact it had been more then that for the past five years. Ever since your daughter had been born the more aggressive she got towards you and possessive she became over your child.

It got to a point where she'd forbid you to leave, only for work. She had cut communications off with your family so you'd have no one to run to- that is, if you got out. But tonight, just hours before now, you had enough. It was enough when she hit you. It was enough when she threatened to take the only light you had in your life away from you.

So you drove. You waited until she was asleep. Taking your baby girl and drove as far as you could. Hours on hours you followed the same road for what seemed like years. Truthfully you didn't know where you'd end up, but Providence Town definitely wasn't on your list.
————

"There you go." You unbuckled the child from her car seat as she hopped down out of the vehicle. You grabbed what little bags you had time to pack, out of the trunk- handing a teddy bear to the small hands reaching out. "How about you go inside, I'll be right behind you."  You say softly with a hand rubbing on the small of her back.  "Are you okay?"  She asks with rain streaking her tiny cheeks. Tears coming down on your face but nobody could tell the difference except the mini you standing with big eyes. "Yes. I'm alright. Now go inside." You smile the fakest grin to please the young one. She's confused and you can only blame yourself.

    "Hey!" A voice called out of the haze. Wiping your head around turning your attention to the female call. "Get the fuck out of here." The voice is closer. A visible outline of someone running towards you comes into sight. Faded pink hair, a coat three sizes too big, dirt freckled face. "Get out! It's not safe here! Listen to me motherfucker." She looks familiar. You have a sense of urgency to keep her safe. It's on the tip of your tongue.

    "I'm just fine. Thank you." Ignoring her words you pick up your suitcase shutting the trunk door and opening up the house. You stand in the window watching as the woman still stands there mumbling to herself- "Y/N?"

   "Come on sweetheart let's go."  You yell from the bottom of the stairs. "What?" Your daughter asks skipping along the staircase. "We're going to the store and I'm not gonna leave you here by yourself." The girl walks out of the house as you lock the door behind you. She starts to the car.

"How long are we staying?" The small you asks. You didn't know what or how to tell her. "I'm not sure yet." A faint sigh leaves her lips.

    The neon sign of the store lit the sidewalk welcoming you in. An elderly man gave you his routine hellos that be probably does to every living thing that waltz's through the door. Simply smiling at him, you grabbed enough food and necessities for the next two weeks. It wasn't like you couldn't come back, but panic coursed through you anytime you entered the open. Afraid your abuser find you, though it was unlikely.