Chapter 45: Not so Merry Christmas

Start from the beginning

"I was your employee and then your boyfriend but never your friend".

"Tonight would be the time then. Also, can you do me a favour?"

"What?"

"Be nice to Jimin?"

"Can I invite Jin Hyung?"

"Ofcourse you can! It's your house as well. Remember?"

"And Namjoon hyung"

"Babe-", Taehyung stutters a little.

"My house right?", Jungkook chuckles.

"Yes, invite whosoever you want".

"Fine. Will invite both of them then".

"Be nice to Jimin?"

"You be nice to Namjoon hyung?"

"Deal"

"Deal"

......

"Mr. Kim, great party as always!", Mr. Hwang, one of the biggest industrialists in Seoul, exclaims in excitement.

"Thank you, Mr. Hwang! I am glad you could come!", Taehyung smiles politely.

"So, tell me. How is business? What is going on?"

"It's Kim Consolidated you are talking about", Taehyung smiles.

"Right! It's always sunny in KC!", Mr. Hwang laughs. "Oh! Here. Meet my daughter Jennie".

"Hello Mr. Kim", Jennie smiles, shaking his hand. "I am Jen-".

"Who doesn't know you Jennie!", Taehyung smiles back, "The popular singer".

"Humbled!", she smiles.

.....

"So you guys are keeping it a secret AFTER you moved in with him?", Jin asks Jungkook in the same party.

"Yeah.."

"Why?"

"It's just safe this way".

"Really? And we are goint to have a long conversation later about how you didn't tell me earlier"

"Forget it hyung! Where is your boyfriend?", the younger tries to avert the topic, feeling nervous.

"He was busy. Couldn't make it".

"Ah! I see"

"Don't see this Kookie, see that!", Jin points to the other side of the hall where Taehyung stood talking and laughing with a beautiful woman.

"Wher-", Jungkook stops when he sees the both of them together, laughing. He recognizes Jennie instantly. He has been a fan but then he watches her touch Taehyung's shoulder while talking to him. Very touchy, he thinks.

"This is what happens when you don't tell the world who you belong to", Jin whispers in his cousin's ear.

"They are just talking, hyung", Jungkook deadpans trying to hide the fact that he was half jealous half pissed off.