Episode 39: Roar of Waves

Start from the beginning

Orion shut his eyes as my queen bee rushed at him. He opened them after a while and saw she had stopped.

"H-huh?" Orion asked, blinking.

I pushed myself up as a swarm of ants finished digging me out of the ground. "She won't hurt you, idiot. You did find her for me after all."

The queen bee buzzed and petted Orion with her antennae.

Orion laughed. "Yeah." He lowered his head. "Sorry about that, Queen Bee. I didn't want to hurt you, but I saw no other way to stop you."

My bee's wings buzzed. Orion smiled as he saw her wings were healing as I poured my prana into her.

"Well, it seems that I won again," I said, putting a hand on my hip.

My childhood friend nodded. "Y-yeah. I still have a ways to go before I can overcome you."

I frowned. "You're really going to give up like this?"

He closed his eyes and fell sideways. "I wish... that I could continue... but I burned up all of my... prana."

"The winner of the sixth match is Ayawamat Zihna!" Marina yelled.

I walked over to him and picked him up from the ground. "You idiot. You and Hikaru can't seriously suck this much at prana control."

Orion laughed weakly. "Seems we can."

I rolled my eyes. "Not meant as a joke."

"I know." He went silent.

I sighed. Why did he keep falling asleep on me? First during our joint team match against Lei, then during the games, and now this. Even when we were kids, he would fall asleep while playing.

He did look like a kitten while sleeping, though. Sometimes, I wondered whether he was similar to the nekomata members of the Kyuu Hyaku clan.

"Nice match," Lei said, grinning as soon as I made my way to the nurse's office.

I averted my gaze. "You saw it?"

He nodded and pointed to his phone. "Yeah, Kun's camera is still recording."

I scoffed as I passed him. "That so? Watch the match closely. You might learn a thing or two from it."

Lei crossed his arms. "I planned to without you telling me."

"Good. Be sure not to lose to anyone else. Otherwise, I won't get to defeat you in the finals."

He huffed. "Like I'll lose to you again. You'll be going down soon. You'll see!"

I laughed. "Like I haven't heard that one a thousand times!" Thus far, he had only been able to win against me once. Though, technically that was the abysmal controlling his body.