She and her mother were moved from a pack in New York after finding out she was strong and our enemies could use her against us. She never dares to annoy me like the others, she mostly keeps to herself which is the best quality she has. Though I see her as my little sister as much as Greyson, she fears me and sees the need to bow even though she doesn't have to. She is quiet and I can't believe she just caught me kissing her friend when her roommate, her former roommate of course, is my mate.

You dingus, you just cheated on mate.

My wolf said at the back of my mind. It wasn't exactly intentional. As I am walking outside I keep thinking what the heck am I going to do now? Do I have feeli-

"What where are you going? Ruth and I just made you kids a good meal!" My thoughts interrupted by the woman in an apron with a pink face showing growing anger. My mother.

"I have a meeting and I forgot and Lydia came to inform me." I say to her trying to ease her anger. She can see me trying to run. I know when she's like this she can make me stay.

"And apparently taking care of some unfinished business."

I hear someone behind me say. Turning my head I see Lydia looking down and noticed Raven's annoyance. She notices I was looking at her and she also looked down and heads toward my mother.

"I'll make it quick. We'll be back before 20:00 mother, I promise." I continue.

"I'll stay with you Mommy Verlice, need help in the kitchen?" Raven says.

"Of course Raven honey, come on I want to make desert before they come back." With that we were given a chance to escape. Thank you Raven. Also I don't miss the part where me and Lydia are in trouble.

_______________

Raven's POV

Mama Verlice aka the Queen mother leads me to the kitchen. I call her Mama Verlice because I guess I'm used to it since she told me to call her that when I was 6, the first time we met. She was my mother's friend before my mother died a year ago. She has been my mother too.

Greyson and I are very close but his brother intimidates me. It's unfortunate that I met him when he was less friendly after the former King died so I never got to know him on a deeper level like the other three. Well for Melissa she knows him on an even deeper, deeper level.

"What should we make them?" Mama Verlice asked me. "Mmhh well everyone likes ice cream?"

"No not Shane, mhhhh," She starts thinking until she jerks up. "Ohhh I know now. Pie! They all love pie." She's not wrong Mama Verlice makes the best pies.

Shane is picky with a lot of things. He's the reason it's hard for cooks and every other staff especially designers for his tuxedos.

Speaking of him. I am more than traumatized and beyond disappointed with him and Lydia. I know she still had feelings for him and was hurt that he had found his mate but I didn't expect her to kiss him or him kiss her. Either way they were both wrong. How can the mighty Alpha King cheat on his own mate. The same person that took away his words? And my best friend knows better than to do that to someone that has a mate. How could they?

I have lived over a week with Zhavi to know that she is not a person who would do such. She hardly talks and so do I which is what I loved about her. She doesn't push anything but let's it flow. I tried approaching her with Lydia's energy but she just gave me an answer that told me to turn it down a bit. Since then I really liked her. Not more than Lydia of course she's my best friend and only best friend that I would go through lengths for.

Zhavi always wakes up a few hours before school and goes for a run. Comes back and wakes me up if I'm late. At school she just attends classes and sits at the park with headphones on and starts reading her novels. She has a tone of those. After school she would leave around 15:00-16:00 to go for her evening run. She never comes back after 19:00. Very punctual like she's used to a curfew.