Chapter 33

Justine

I'm here in the nurse's lounge right now, taking some rest along with some co-workers.

"Hey, have you seen Adeline's post on her social media with a woman? I didn't know that she's into and I bet it's an ugly broke woman, she's seeing right now."
Jane said laughing across the table.

This bitch hates and envies Adeline.

I was about to say anything to defend Adeline when I saw Adeline and Skye, walk-in.

Adeline is holding a box, and Skye is also holding a box.

I shouted, Adeline's name, then the two of them walk towards our table.

"Adeline what are you doing here?? It's not even your shift yet."
I said grinning.

"Skye and I just wanted to give you these cupcakes that I made,"
Adeline said, smiling proudly.

"You made baked this???!!"
In the years that I've worked with Adeline, I didn't know that she could bake.

"Yes actually, she's fast and a great learner."
Skye said in a sexy accent, wrapping her arms around Adeline's waist. I can see Jane's, shocked face seeing Skye.

"Ohhh, baby let me introduce you to my co-workers. This is Justine, my best friend here, and that is Tessa, then that's Maggie and that's Jane."
Adeline pointed us one by one, introducing us to Skye.

Skye smiled, and damn her smile captivates everyone.

"Hi, it's nice to meet all of you."
Skye said, waving at us.

"And everyone this is my girlfriend, Skye."

We just smile and wave.

I can see Jane's speechless face, looking at Skye in awe.

"We're gonna go now, my sweet, and I, are gonna go surprise the kids with some cupcakes."
Skye added.

Then the couple left, and Skye's arms never left Adeline's waist.

Then I look at Jane smirking then spoke.

"In case you didn't know, Adeline's girlfriend is the owner of the Lux's cafe and restaurant. You didn't expect that didn't you."
I said, mocking her slightly.

I opened the box, then I can see 10 red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

I gave everyone some cupcakes including Jane who is speechless.

Adeline

"I can't wait to see their giggly face."
I said beaming.

"Yeah, me too, I can't wait to meet them."
Skye said, tightening her arm around my waist.

"You better behave, around the kids baby."
I said, elbowing her a little. Teasing.

"Yes, yes, I'll be a complete angel in front of them."
Skye said, smiling sweetly.

I smiled and lean my head against her shoulder, as we walk towards the pediatric ward.

Skye kissed the side of my head, and then I can see the Pediatric ward.

We entered then I can see some kids who's ready to be discharged is playing on the side and then some are in bed, looking at the playing kids with a glum expression.

In my free time, I always come here to cheer up the kids and make them smile.

Then one of the kids saw me and perks up.