Chapter 9

~ Wednesday night ~
Im here, in the living room picking some wedding motifs with Andy. She keeps interviewing me about my mystery woman, which is Skye.

"So mom what does she do for work??"
She asks while skimming through the catalog.

"She's a chef," I said giving her a little hint.

"Ohhhh.." She said. "Will she come to my wedding as your date??" She asks sheepishly.

I just sigh. Thinking about it, just so complicated. What will the people think?? Especially our family?

"Mom you there??? You haven't answered my question."

I just sigh and simply replied,
"It depends, Aria. I need to make sure first." I lied a little. I'm already sure that Skye is for me.

"That's understandable mom, she will be so lucky to have you."

I smiled and we go back to picking some motif and colors for her wedding.

I just arrived at one of "X's" clubs. X is part of our circle of friends. Me, Elena, Dominique, Amelia 'X', Katya, Lilith, and Hecate.

I went to Elena's private booth and I can see in her face that's she's miserable.

"Hey mf," I announced my presence and sat right next to her.
She hands me a whiskey.

"Problem with Dominique or your mom??" I asked.

"Both actually, why the fuck are they so stubborn???"

"I know mom fucked up but why can't Dominique see that mom is trying. Mom is trying to fix her bullshits and now Dominique is moving out."

I sigh, Elena may be a mf sometimes but she's my best friend.

"I shouldn't tell you this but Dominique already knows your mom was cheating just right before, the both of you catch her. Your mom threatened And begged Dominique to not tell anyone especially you and your father. Your mom promised Dominique that she'll change and leave her lover." I know this because I was with Dominique that day and she asks me to keep it a secret. But my conscience can't take it anymore and Elena deserves to know the truth.

"Then after her promise the both of you catch her on the act and that was the last straw for Dominique. That's why I understand why she can never forgive your mother. I'm sorry that I was the one who told you about this. But you deserve to know the truth and why Dominique is acting like that." Then Elena just sobs and drinks more whiskey.

~Thursday night ~

I'm just finishing my shift at the hospital when I heard my phone ping, and it was a text from Skye. We didn't talk much yesterday night because she was comforting a friend.
I opened her text,

"Hey, my sweet wanna come here to the restaurant to eat some dinner, then let's go to my apartment. I wanna sleep in your arms 😄👉👈"

My smile widens and I immediately replied,
"Okay, I'll be there." Then I immediately called Andy. And she immediately picks up the phone.

"Hey, mom??"

"Hey, Aria I just called to tell you that I'm not gonna be home tonight."

"Ohhhh!! Your gonna stay in her place again??" She said with a teasing tone.

"Aria..." Then I heard her laugh.

"I'll just text you tomorrow ok."

"Yes, mom have fun I love you." Then she hangs up the phone.