"Mate.." My wolf and me say at the same time. From that moment on I knew I found who I would die for and who I want to live for.

Whilst I'm still captured by her beauty my view is blocked by my Gamma, Lydia. I hadn't noticed that she was with Lydia and Raven, how are they together?

They head over to our table and the closer they get the stronger their scents get which I get another scent coming form them and I didn't smell this one because the mate scent was stronger. Human...

She smells like a human, my mate is a human. As much as I think humans are weak a species and I doubt many wolves would approve of their Queen being a human, I don't really give a fuck anymore. She already has my heart yet I don't even know her name but I know I would never let anyone or anything hurt her.

"Fancy meeting you here." Lydia says in a weird attempt of a British accent.

"What was that?" Melissa says trying not to laugh.

"I do not know what you mean darling." She says again.

"You guys are such fun sponges. This is our new friend and she's British." She says that is a whisper tone. "Zhavi these are our friends, and bosses."

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Zhavi." Her voice is bold and yet angelic. Does that even make sense? I'm a werewolf King yet this small human has me lost for words.

Because of my silence she takes it as a a rude attempt to ignore her and I hadn't noticed she extended her hand until she extracts it.

"Excuse me for being rude, I'm Shane and this is my Bet-uh best friend, Christian and his sister Melissa. It's nice to meet you too. Zhavi.." Her name suits her.

Shit! Why the fuck did I just stutter! "Since when does the mighty werewolf King stutter?" My beta asks in a sarcastic tone through mindlink. How dare he! I know it was embarrassing but how dare he!

"Don't forget you work under me." I threaten him. He wants to mock me I'll make his work hard. "Can't you take a joke man?"

"No." He tries to hold his laugh. Why is he my beta again? "Okay seriously what's up?" We all sit down and I try not to look at my mate in the eye and the only way to do that is to keep my eyes with a talking Lydia. I can't even hear what she's saying though.

"She's my mate."

"Oh shit." My beta says before Lydia snaps her fingers at me. "You're doing it again!" Doing what?

"What are you on about?" Lydia rolls her eyes and I'm just sitting there confused. "You are pretending to listen to me when you are just- thinking about something else Shane. Did you hear what I just said?" No, no I didn't.

"I have a lot of things on my mind." I say looking over the menu.

"Right. Anyway I was just saying that professor Beck made me really sleepy. I need some FROYO but I don't know what to get. Everything looks sooo good. What do you want to get Zhavi?"

"Huh? Oh uhm usually I just get plain vanilla." My cute mate, now I know to be Zhavi seemed to be a little distracted too.
~

Zhavi's POV

I am now seated on this table with an insanely attractive specimen in front of me. Have you ever been so attracted to someone it makes it hard for you to breathe? Well this Shane guy is literally taking my breath away.

I can feel the temperature rising. I jog every morning, exercise every day to be sweating. My body should be in great shape so why am I this nervous? I feel like I'm going to explode!