Chapter 7

We finally got to the beach and I felt like I was dying of heat. I felt my forehead once more. It was hotter than before and I felt like I was going to die. Ariana started to put her hand up to my face but I actually let her touch it unlike my mom.

" Are you alright, your literally burning up."

" Yeah I'm fine."

I got out of the car and we started looking for a good place to sit. I placed my towel down and started taking off my coverup. I ran to the ocean water feeling the coolness come over me. I still felt really hot but not as much. I sat there for a moment and a guy came over.

" Hey."

" Umm hi." I looked back and my mom was staring while Ariana was on her phone talking to someone.

" Whats your name?"

" Luna. What about you?"

" Maximus."

" Interesting."

" So whats a girl like you doing here with no boyfriend?"

" I'm doing a lot of things. Like being free and single."

" Sounds pretty good."

" Yeah it is."

I get out of the water and he follows. I give him my number and go back to where my mom and sister are. I lay down on my towel. They are both staring at me.

" What?"

" Nothing." My mom is curious but would never admit it. I feel hot and dizzy and I lay down kind of groaning.

Ariana looks over at me while shes talking and puts her hand back on my forehead. She tells whoever shes talking to hold on.

" Are you sure your fine your even warmer than the last time."

I just nodded my head. My mom heard Ariana and came over and felt my forehead.

" Luna that isn't ok." She pulls me up telling me to get my clothes back on and starts gathering our stuff. She's making me leave my favorite place only to go back to solitude. We finally get in the car and she searches for something. She looks in the middle compartment and pulls out a thermometer.

" Put this in your mouth." I obey and put it in my mouth waiting for it to beep. It finally does and she takes it out of my mouth before I can look at it.

" Don't you think a temperature of 104 is a little concerning?"

" Maybe."

She smirks and starts driving and I notice she's driving a different way than home.

" Where are we going?"

" To a hospital that's where."

I just sit back and start to drift off to sleep. It seems like it has been a long day.

I get shaken awake by Ariana and my mom is saying my name. I get out of the car and follow her. I trip and fall flat on my face. The road in Florida taste interesting if you were wondering. I get back up and follow my mom into the emergency room. Everything starts to go blurry and Ariana catches my by the arms. I am laid down on a stretcher and roiled into a room. They instantly start hooking up all the medical ish and checking my vital signs.I finally fall asleep.