"Thank you, Echo." Kix simply said.

Echo nodded his head and turned around to return to the battle. You looked over and saw Kix grabbing a few things before looking at you.

"Alright, miss, what's your name?" He asked.

"Um, it's (Y/n) (L/n)." You answered.

"Okay, (Y/n), I'm going to make sure you don't bleed more."

"Okay."

He then put on some medical gloves before grabbing a rag. You saw him grab a bottle and pour some of the liquid on the rag.

"This is going to sting." He warned.

You nodded your head and he gently placed the rag to your wound. You hissed in pain as you felt your leg burning but let him continue. Soon, you weren't bleeding anymore and Kix put the rag down on the tray. He picked up a strange looking device and scanned it over your injury. You saw that expression turned to a worried one and put the device down, turning towards you.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked, noticing the worried expression on his face.

"I hate to tell you this, but your leg is broken and you won't be able to walk for a while." He explained.

You quickly looked down and tried to process the new information you were given. You felt a hand on your shoulder but didn't bother looking up, knowing who it was.

"I suggest that you get some rest, you need it." He said.

His hand fell from your shoulder and you looked up to see him walking away. As much as you wanted him to stay with you, you didn't bother stopping him. You blushed slightly and looked down, mad at yourself for staring at him as he walked away. You leaned back and stared at the ceiling, closing your eyes. Exhaustion overtook you and you fell asleep.

<A few hours later>

You opened your eyes only to quickly close them upon seeing a bright light. You sat up and rubbed your eyes, now getting used to the brightness. You reopened your eyes and looked around to see other medics tending to different patients. You looked down at your leg to see it was casted up. You figured Kix must've done it while you were asleep. You smiled lightly and started to fiddle with your shirt. Just then, you heard footsteps coming your direction and looked where they were coming from.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" You heard someone say.

You looked up and smiled wider seeing it was Kix.

"A little better, now that you're here." You answered.

"Well, I thought I might check on you after yesterday." He said.

A comfortable silence fell between the two of you and Kix checked over your vitals.

"Why did it have to our planet?" You mumbled.

"Hm? Did you say something?" He asked.

"I've been thinking, why do the Separatists want our planet? We're neutral."

He became silent when he heard this and averted his eyes for a moment before looking back at you.

"It doesn't matter what side you're on, whatever planet that won't side with them, they'll take it by force." He responded.

It was your turn to be silent for a bit as you thought of something to say. You couldn't say anything as tears welled in your eyes, still thinking about what's going in. Kix seemed to noticed your sudden discomfort and gently placed a hand on your back as a way of comfort.

"Do you think it's going to end?" You asked suddenly.

"What?" Kix said, confused.

"The war, I mean. Do you think it will end?"

"I hope so, that way I won't have to deal with my annoying brothers that get themselves injured, somehow."

(Cuz we all know Hardcase will break a bone for doing something absolutely stupid *ahem* excuse me, sorry, back to the story)

You laughed lightly at his response before turning to look at him.

"I bet they're a handful." You said.

"They are, I still love them like we're a family, even though we are one." Kix explained.

"That's nice."

"What about you? Do you have any family?"

"I used to."

"Oh, what happened?" He quickly grew concerned and sat next to you.

"Well, my parents started to support the Separatists and I tried to convince them not to but..."

"But?"

"They didn't listen to me and I didn't like the idea of supporting the Separatists, so I ran away from home."

He was silent but he kept his attention on you, wanting to hear every detail.

You continued, "I thought staying neutral would keep our planet out of war, but that didn't help and now I'm here, talking to you."

"I'm so sorry." was all he could say.

"You don't have to apologize, if anything I should be the one saying sorry. You probably thought I was one of them."

"What? I could never think someone as beautiful as you could be a Seppie."

You blushed a bit for being called beautiful and it seemed like he meant it.

"Weren't you told that looks can be deceiving?" You smiled and crossed your arms.

"Yeah, but you didn't look like you could be one of them." He said.

"Really?"

"Yes, I'm speaking the truth."

You looked into his eyes and saw that he was speaking the truth but you weren't too sure.

"I'm not so sure if I believe you." You said.

"Well, what do I have to do for you to believe me?" He asked and moved closer to you.

"I'm not sure."

"What if I did this?"

He brought up a hand to cup your cheek and leaned forwards, closing his eyes. You closed the gap and felt your lips on his. You wrapped your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. It only lasted for a moment, however, because you pulled back and slightly hissed in pain.

"Are you okay?" Kix asked worriedly.

"Sorry, I just got a sudden jolt of pain in my leg." You answered.

He readjusted you to where you wouldn't get sudden jolts like before and it was more comfortable.

"Is that better?" He asked.

"Yeah, a lot better." You replied.

You looked in his eyes and you saw kindness in them. Just then, he smiled and grew excited for some reason.

"I've got an idea. How would you like to be my medical assistant?" He asked.

"I-I don't have any experience with that kind of stuff-" You started but he cut you off.

"I'll teach you. Plus, you'll be around me most of the time."

You thought for a bit before turning to him with a smile.

"I'd love to!" You exclaimed.

"Great, I'll just have to see if General Skywalker will allow it." Kix said.

You laughed a little before hugging him and sighed. He hugged back with the biggest smile on his face, happy that you said yes.

It was official, you were joining the Galactic Republic.
__________________________________________________

So anyways, hi.

(Insert iconic vine here)