Chapter 511 - Chapter 520

Start from the beginning

Catherine stopped fooling around as well. "Wardward, you're up so early. I hope the menopause doesn't come as early as you did."

Edward who was about to joke about Yang Chen and Catherine instantly have the urge to spit blood. Rolling his eyes, he said, "Aunt, you're surprisingly pre-emptive."

"Of course. Janejane came out from my stomach after all. That apple didn't fall too far from this tree." Catherine pointed at her tummy cheerfully.

The two joked and bade farewell to Yang Chen. Standing by the door, he wanted to say goodbye as well, but he couldn't speak a single word...

That was because a slender figure had appeared at the corridor after taking a turn.

She wore in a blue blouse and a short pleated skirt with a laced edge. Beneath her bright white stockings wrapping her beautiful legs was a shiny pair of black heels.

Lin Ruoxi who was properly dressed up seemed to be in a good mood as her footsteps were light. She walked over with a posture elegant as ever. However, when she raised her head, she witnessed the moment when Catherine walked out from Yang Chen's room...

At that moment, Lin Ruoxi's cold face was filled with shock...

Yang Chen had naturally noticed the change. When he sent Catherine out of the room, he even smacked her backside once. His actions were irreversible.

Gazed upon by Lin Ruoxi's astonished face, Yang Chen's heart suddenly turned bitter, especially when her face slowly formed glaciers. Yang Chen held a bitter smile on his face. Except crying, he had no other intentions, but he found out that he didn't even have tears.

Catherine and Edward had noticed Yang Chen's odd expression as well. They turned to the direction Yang Chen was looking at, only to find a woman standing nearby at the corridor. Almost instantly, they realized the predicament that they were in.

Catherine looked no different from a child who had made a mistake. She lowered her head and secretly signalled Edward to leave quickly before running away.

Edward displayed a helpless expression before quickly escaping from the scene with Catherine.

When Catherine passed by Lin Ruoxi, she couldn't refrain from taking a glance at the latter. Catherine would've been totally fine if she avoided taking a look. However, since she failed to do so, she suddenly felt the air around her freeze her bones, causing her to pout her lips and almost tear up. Yes, she's really beautiful, but what's wrong with the terrifyingly cold aura? I'm almost frozen to death! thought Catherine.

The bad guy isn't an ordinary person indeed. I can't imagine anyone else having the courage to marry such a wife. Catherine was extremely anxious but she didn't stop moving. It didn't take long for her and Edward to take the elevator downstairs.

Yang Chen stood at the door without moving. He felt that his legs were immensely uncomfortable and his hands were awkward no matter where he placed them. Faced with Lin Ruoxi's expressionless look, he let out a guilty smile and said, "Erm... Wife, why are you awake so early? I thought you wanted to rest for a while longer. I'll tidy up my appearance and I'll be with you soon."

Lin Ruoxi ignored Yang Chen utterly, as if she had heard nothing. She turned around and walked away immediately.

Yang Chen swiftly rushed to her. In the blink of an eye, he had appear in front of Lin Ruoxi. He placed his hands on her shoulders, forbidding her from walking away.

Yang Chen wanted to calm her down, but he realized he was totally clueless on what to say. What could be a logical explanation? Catherine was just a visitor or an ordinary friend?