Chapter 28

Third persons POV

They received the address. The police are stand-by waiting for the signal. They are blocks away but ready to rescue.

"Please be safe," Scarlett said holding Y/N's face.

"If I didn't come back alive, please tell Olivia I love her"

"No! You're going to tell her that not me, so better come back to us alive!"

"We don't know what the future holds, Scarlett."

"You have to go back alive- i- I can't do this alone- please"

"I'll try but no promises"

Her phone rang again. Scarlett looks so worried about the two important people in her life. Her daughter is in the hand of that satanic bitch and now the love of her life is going alone.

They don't want to risk, they know how cruel Claudia is, by the threats of her, how they hear Olivia cry because she's scared, they decide that Y/N walked alone at the abandoned building in the middle of a night.

"Where are you? You didn't want me to wait here, Y/N." Claudia said with an irritation hint in her voice.

"I'm outside, im about to go when you called"

"Remember what I said to you Y/N. I have your child here, one wrong move and your kid is dead"

"I know, I remember"

The call ended. Y/N takes a deep breath, ready a pistol for her safety, just in case.

"No good luck kiss?" Y/N tease to make the mood lighter for a bit. Scarlett shook her head.

"And you really said that in this situation we have"

"Just one because this is maybe the last time I could kiss you," Y/N mumbled. She's terrified of what will happen if she goes to the building. She was scared for her life and her kid. She didn't think about herself anymore, she just want her kid to get out here alive and safe.

"I'll give plenty of kisses just go back here alive with our daughter," Scarlett said, containing the tears threatening to fall.

"I'll hold on to that."

She readies the intercom and her gun. The intercom will help the police to hear what they going to say and if Y/N needs backup. The army is ready for rescue and reinforcement.

"Can you hear us? Y/N?" Deputy Ryan said through the intercom.

"Yes, I could head you. Can somebody join Scarlett in the car just to make sure she's safe" Y/N said as she walk to the building.

They get Scarlett to them as per Y/N request. "Y/N?" Scarlett called her. "Hi. Stay with them, alright." Y/N said. "Damn this building has no lights or anything" Y/N mumble as she enters.

"Please, be safe" Scarlett pleaded. Her worried about the two is can't put in any words.

Y/N didn't answer, she didn't how to answer if she will be out in this place alive. She wants to because she wants to be with her family and she new life won't allow her to have good things for so long.

The paint over the softwood is deep like the way mother spreads her cream cheese. The flakes peel at random depths showing different sun-baked hues underneath. In this way, in its decrepitude, the old building has become more beautiful. The door, once cherry red, is just the same, though the peelings are all shades of a pink that surrendered to the high August sun year after year. It will move on its hinges still, but with the weariness of an old man. It creaks, the moan echoing to the rafters that still fight the sagging roof above. The windows no longer beckon light inside, no longer lift the gloom that the walls impose. Instead, they add to the growing sense of dampness and dark and permit the chill wind to penetrate.