Chapter 17

Scarlett's POV

"Arms up" I instruct Olivia as I put on her t-shirt. For three days staying here making her body strong again, she can now go home. I'm waiting for Y/N for her discharge paper.

"I wish she's my mama" Olivia mumbled out of nowhere. I look at her with a wide eye, processing if what I've heard is true. "Can you repeat what did you just said?" I inquire. "I wish she's my mama, mommy" she repeats. I gulp, feeling my heartbeat against my chest, my hands are sweaty and cold.

"What makes you say that?" I asked her. She innocently looks at me, "because she's nice and I feel like she loves me and-" she pauses taking a breath. I wait for her response, "-and uncle Robert told me that I look like her but I have green eyes like yours, and uncle Mackie said to me that you and Y/N been a couple" she explained. I'm going to kill that two morons, I swear to God. "And mommy, what's a couple do?" She asked with her curious eye waiting for my answer.

"I'm going to kill your uncles," I said making her giggle. "Oh no," she reacts with a fake gasp and then giggles fill the room.

I sit down and place her on my lap, "how do I explain this to a five-year-old who has a mind like 20 years old-" God help me, I didn't know how to explain this. "A couple is like what auntie Lizzie and uncle Robbie had, it can be a girl and a boy, boy and boy, or girl and girl, the gender doesn't matter. Um- two people sharing the love, they love, care, and respect each other." I explained I hope she gets it

She stares at me and thinks, "so we're like a couple?" I can't help but laugh at her innocent question and her curious face. "Don't laugh at me" she whines and pouts. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh," I said and attack her face with kisses, her cute soft giggles filled my ears, melting my heart, and helps me forget my problems.

"We're not a couple, baby" I answer her, she frowned at me, "but I love you and you take care of me and I respect you, why we're not a couple?" She asked again. Oh, God. "It's for adults and your still a baby. I will explain it to you when you grow up" I said to her wishing my answers are enough, I don't know what to say. "I'm a grown... up" I fake gasp, "no, you're still a baby. You're my baby. I want you to be a baby forever" I told her and keeping our forehead in touch. "Okay mommy, im still your baby" she answered making me smile and kiss her chubby cheeks.

"Hello, little one, ready to go home?" Y/N asked removing her IV in her hands. "Yes. I wanna feed the ducks" Olivia answer attaining a laugh from Y/N. If these two only know that they are connected. I will tell them but I know it's not the right time. "Thank you, Y/N", "your welcome, little one."

If only Olivia knows that her wish came true, and Y/N knows the whole truth, will that make our family together? Maybe we're still be connected but her coming back to me, I don't think so.

"You still need to stay in the house okay? Then after that, you can ask your mom to bring you to the pond to feed the ducks." Y/N told us. "You're going right?" Olivia asked and crawl towards Y/N at the end of the bed who's writing something on the paper.  "Of course, tell me when I will cancel my errands for that day" she assured the kid who's busy looking at the paper.

"Can you sign up for this?" She asked looking at me, "what- what?" I shutter. Fuck. "Can you sign up for this discharge paper?" She repeats her question. I walk towards her and handed me a pen. I feel her gaze towards me, I keep myself calm though I feel her hot breath against my ears. I swallowed hard, my hands are shaking as I feel her hands against my back that made me shudder.

"Thank you, Ms. Johansson" she whisper seductively, and quickly divert her gaze to Olivia who's occupied looking at the chart. I let out a sigh that she didn't see that, it would be traumatizing. "You can now go home" Y/N announced.