Chapter 2

Y/N POV

"Hi, there kiddo. Do you feel better now?" I ask the kid laying in the bed with an IV fluid attached to her body. I put down the chart and started to write.

"Yes doctor, I feel better thank you," she said. I nod. "Thank you doctor Y/N," her mother said and hug me. Oh shit. I smiled awkwardly. "Okay then, you can now go home tomorrow since your lab results are back to normal. But no extracurricular activities for a while or you will see again" I said. She giggles. "Thank you again, doctor" I smile and nod, "your welcome kid" and get out in the room before something happens.

I give the chart to the nurse's station and start my rounds. I check every room, every patient. I also stay in the ER. I'm now stitching a 17-year-old male, who bumps his head on the floor of the school. I give him a pain reliever and spread a numb cream to it so he won't feel the pain.

"You're now stitching," Jane said handing me a cup of coffee. I put it aside and continue what I'm doing. "Yeah, my surgery moved tomorrow since my patient needs more time, I agree with it. I'm monitoring him and my resident" I said. "Ouch," the boy said. "You're bad at acting, boy. I put a numb cream and you take a pain reliever. You can't fool me" I said. Jane laughs at him.

"You can't fool the attending here, young man," Jane said. "It looks painful," he said. "It is so you have to thank the numb cream," I said and continue to stitch the wound.

"You have no patient to check on?" I ask her. "I'm done with my rounds. Before I forgot we have a meeting at 6 in the conference room Doctor Ash said." I nod at her. She stays there waiting for me to finish fixing this young man's head. Thank God that his head CT showed he did get any internal injuries so I recommend he stay for a while for more observation before I discharge him.

----

I'm here at my office and my colleagues are being too loud here. It's our break time, and later on, the meeting will start. I talk to Ann my resident to check my patients for a while. I eat my burger and fries. I keep myself full since I know this conference will take along.

"So Y/N did you go to Jane's blind date set-up?" Carl ask me, he's in neuro. "She didn't." Jane answer. "Why? You've been 5 years single, man. Give those women lining up for you a chance." Carl said. I shook my head. "Of course she's not going there, she still hasn't moved on from her ex" Jane but in.

"No need to call me out, you bitch." I said rolling my eyes. "Then date, you have to get laid so your attitude will be under control," she said and everyone laughs. "My attitude is under control, and I don't need to get laid. I have a hand for a reason" I said which make them laugh even more.

I don't see myself with anyone but her. I'm mad. I'm very mad at her for leaving me but I can't deny that even it's been 5 years now, my love for her didn't die.

I don't have any clue where she is if she's okay if she has now a husband or wife if she already moved on. I don't know. I just wish she's not.

-----

We are now at the conference room, our chief of surgery discussing something that my head can't even comprehend because my mind is somewhere else.

They talk and talk. Jane is also mumbling something, at least she knows I'm listening though I don't know what she's talking about.

I want to go home and rest. My butt hurts from sitting here and so as my back. My mind is clouded. I play with my rings to entertain myself. Every meeting I attend is so boring. I almost fall asleep.

Time passed and thank God it's already finished but Doctor Arthur our chief of surgery wants to talk to me.

I followed her in him to his office. I take a seat and wait for him. He placed an envelope on the table, I look at him if I can open it, and he nod.

To Doctor Y/N Y/L/N,

We invite you to come to our annual doctor's conference where every doctor will discuss what they know with the aspiring medical students in New York City for two months. You don't have to worry about the place you stay in because we already covered it. We will be glad if you accept our invitation and understand if not.

Thank you.

In the envelope, also includes the reception and place I can stay. They also include the activities that will be held at this event.

"If you want to, you can go and teach. You've been the best attending here, you bring out the best in your interns and residents, even in the other attending." He said. "How about my work here?" I said. "Don't worry about it. We have people to take your place temporarily." He said.

I look at the invitation, thinking if I should go or not. "Can I think about this?" I ask him. "Of course, take your time. But that will be held second to last week of this month, it will be better if you have your answer so they know you would go" I nod at him.

I walk back to my office, place the invitation on the table, and look at it. I look at the card number included in the envelope.

Maybe I'll find someone else there and move on? Maybe this time love will work for me.

I get my phone and dial the number. It rang for a couple of minutes until someone answered.

"Hi, this is Doctor Y/N I take the invitation. Thank you for inviting me it's an honor to teach young minds about the things they need to learn." I said. They thank me also for accepting the proposal.

I get my things and bid goodbye to my colleagues because my shift is already ended. I drive my car and put the radio on.

If fate leads the way back to the woman I've ever loved then I'll be glad, but if it didn't happen I will be glad also, it means we're not meant to be for each other.

__________________

Good day to my beautiful people. I hope you have a great day ahead.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade