Chapter 8

⚠️

Y/N's POV

I accelerate my car, I don't care if a pass the speed limit. Lucas is my friend and important to me. I track his number so I know his address.

I reached his house and kick the door. I saw a man beat him to death. I grab a vase and slammed it in his head. I get Lucas away from him and help him to get out of his apartment. We're about to leave the place but the man held my arms and pulled me.

He throws me to the living room making my back slamming into the glass table. I quickly get up and kick him in his chest made him fall to the ground. I let my anger get me and punched him in his face.

"Fucking bastard!" I shout at him, I saw blood through his nose and my knuckles drawing blood too. I was about to punch him once more when Lucas pulled me away. I came back to my senses.

"Stop, Y/N. Calm down! The 911 is on their way" he said. I check him. Black-eyed in his both eyes, bruises all over his body, dry blood on his lips. And a broken nose.

"Who is that fucking bastard?!" I asked him. "That my ex from LA, the one who I left because I chose my career," he said. I clenched my jaw and went back to him but Lucas stop my tracks.

A minute past and the 911 are here. They immediately get him and put him in jail. I make sure that bastard won't see the outside world again.

The medic attends to our wounds. They clean my bleeding knuckles and thank God my bones didn't break because if they did, I will lose my job. My back still hurts from how he threw me to the glass table. I call my lawyer, James. "Make sure that bastard will root in jailed," I said to him. "I got you, man," he said and leave.

"You can stay in my house" I offer Lucas, while he's being treated. "Im fine, Y/N. Don't worry about me" he said. I scoffed and put my hands in my waist. "How could I not be worried about you, huh? When I came into your house you've been beaten to death by that moron" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Fine if you don't want to live in my house that let me find you a place to stay and to make sure you're safe there," I said. He gives me a thumbs up.

I do what I said and find him a place to stay. After an hour we got discharged, I drove us to my other house where Lucas can live.

"Call me right away if you need help, okay?" I said and assist him inside the house. "Are you sure this is where I stay?" He asks. I nod at him, "this is my other house so don't worry" I said. "Thank you, Y/N. You're the best. Thank you so much" he said. I smiled at him and hugged him, "that's what friends are for" I said.

I made us a simple salad and chicken fillet for our dinner. "You're in a good mood, what happened to you?" He asked. I feel my cheeks burn. "Oh my God, you got laid?!" He shouts excitedly. "We're not going to talk about my sex life at the dinner table," I said. "Who is the lucky girl?" He asked playfully. "Vicky Reiss. She's cute, simple, and kind. I feel comfortable around her, she's very pretty." I said.

"Are you fine dating now?" He asks. I take a pause, asking myself the same question. Am I ready to date again? Am I ready to commit? To love someone again?

"Or you feel something is missing? You're finding something that you can't name. You feel odd. Is that how you feel?" He asked me again. I nod. "I need to heal myself first before committing to anyone so I wouldn't hurt them too. I need to pick up myself, by myself." I said. "That's my man!" He cheered. I laughed at him and high-fived.

I make sure he's okay before I left. I received 5 missed called from Vicky so I decide to call her just to make sure if she's okay too.

"Hi pretty, why did you call?" I asked her when she picked up the call. "Hi, I just want to make sure if you are home already after you take me home," she said. "Im actually on my way home, this day is full of events. I was just discharged from the hospital" I said. "What happened?! Are you okay?! You want me to take care of you?" She asked. A smile started to create on my face and all the pain in my body is already gone. "I'm fine, pretty. Thank you for the offer, but if you want to who am I to decline?" I said.

"And you're flirting with me when you already hurt?" She asked I can see her face and how she rolled her eyes. "But seriously, you want me to go there?" She inquires. "It's already dark outside, pretty girl. I can handle myself. But I can see you tomorrow" I said. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." She said. We bid goodbye and I drove home.

Scarlett's POV

I just got home from shooting and I immediately find my daughter. She's playing with Riley in the living room. She might sense that I'm here. She turns around and runs to me. "Hi, baby!" I greet her and carry her in my arms. "Hello, mommy!" She greets me back with the same energy. "Mommy, I just lost in the park but there's a woman find me and bring me back to Riley," she said. I look at Riley and turn my sight back to Olivia. "Really? What happened?" I ask. I sit on the couch and place Olivia on my lap.

"I followed a duck running around and when I turn around Riley is not with me. Then I saw her and she said she won't hurt me and hugged her. Im so scared mommy but she comfort me. She also help me to drink water and I fell asleep. But I didn't want her to go and when I woke up im in my bed" she told me the story. "Oh baby," and hugged her. "Do you get her name? So we can thank her" I ask her. She gasped and shook her head.

"Shoot. I didn't get her name to, Ms. Johansson." Riley said. "But you remember her face?" I asked them both, they nod. The world is small any time we can see her and I get the chance to thank her for bringing my little girl safe.

"It's late, bubs. You need to get back to sleep." I said to Olivia. I thank Riley for staying with Olivia. I bring Olivia to her room and change her into her nightwear.

"Mommy, can you stay here?" She asked. I nod "yes baby, I just need to change so we can sleep comfortably," I said. She lay on her bed.

She snuggled close into me, I hummed a lullaby. "Don't go mama, don't leave me" I heard her mumble again my neck. My heartbeat raised. I glance at and she's sleeping. I single tear fell from my eyes.

I promised you, you will meet her. I know I can do that, we may not be together again but at least you both meet each other.

________

Sorry for the late update, I'm drained from everything I do in my life. And my breakdowns are every hour. Writing is my little escape from this cruel world.

If you don't feel well I'm here to say that keep going because you matter to me. We may not know each other but I'm proud of you.

See you in the next chapter.
-jade