Page 19: The Secret Bean Field:

Meanwhile, David drove him, Mary Margaret, and Emma out to where the dwarves and Anton was working in the cloaked bean field. David turned off the car when the three of them got out. "Why are we in the middle of nowhere? Why aren't you guys telling me what's going on? Why the secrecy?" Emma asked her parents, walking to the other side of the truck to meet them as she saw a plain, empty field.

"Because you need to see it." Mary Margaret said, making Emma scoff at her.

"Great... that always goes well for me. Listen, whatever it is, it can wait. August was trying to warn me about something... Someone dangerous. I have a feeling that I can use Dream's powers to see if he still has the memory of it or something..." Emma tried to explain to them when they just smiled at her. "It doesn't matter." David smiled when Emma looked between them, confused. "Why not?" Emma asked, sounding really skeptical.

"Because of this." Mary Margaret said, grabbing onto Emma and David's hands.

The three of them walked across the road when Emma's eyes widened at the sight of a bean field that was cloaked. Emma let go of her mother's hand when she walked closer, looking in utter shock. "Emma!" Emma turned to see Anton, who was now human size, instead of being his giant size. "Hey!" Emma said, hugging him. "Are you here to help? It's not quite harvest time yet." Anton said when he pulled away. 

"Beans? You're growing magic beans..." Emma said, looking at her parents. "That's what you were up to when I was in New York? Why didn't you tell me?" Emma asked, making David chuckle at her.

"We are telling you. We kept it a secret to protect the crop. Mother Superior... she cloaked the area. That way, Anton can do what he does best." David smiled, explaining the situation to Emma. "Actually, you haven't seen me play darts. But yeah... I do this pretty good." Anton smirked, making David chuckle at him.

"Oh, Anton, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you so..."

"Small?" Anton asked, interrupting Emma. "Cora. She and Regina brought some magic to make me human-sized. I kind of like it. Dream had given me more so that it could be more than temporary." Anton smiled at Emma.

"Enough lollygagging." 

The four of them turned to see Leroy, who walked up to them. "Back to it!" Leroy snapped his fingers, looking at Anton, before getting back to work. "Wow. Dwarves really like to work. It's great to see you, Emma." Anton smiled before getting back to work.

"You, too." Emma chuckled before turning to her parents. "You want to use the beans to make a portal... to go back to the Enchanted Forest," Emma said after thinking. "That's the real reason you didn't tell me. What about ogres and destruction? And danger?" Emma asked, remembering her time in the Enchanted Forest with her mother and Dream.

"We can fix all that. We did it before. We can do it again." David smiled at her.

"We can start over, Emma." Mary Margaret spoke up when Emma sighed, looking at her. "So, you changed your mind? You want to go now, too?" Emma asked her mother. "Not my mind. My heart... After what I did to Cora, I think restoring our land is the best way to mend it." Mary Margaret said, sighing as she thought about Dream. 

"It'll be good for all of us. The whole family. Henry. And you... And we'll even bring Dream in." David smiled, when Emma looked between them. "And we're from there. You're from there." Mary Margaret added, smiling at Emma who sighed.

"Well, this world is my home." Emma objected, when she looked down at the ground. 

"It's been nothing but cruel to you... And if we go back, I think you might be able to have your happy ending." David said, giving her a small smile. Emma did not say anything, when she turned to look at Anton, the dwarves, and the bean field. She did not know what to do. Would Henry want to leave his life in Storybrooke? Does she even want to go? 

~season 2, episode 19: "Lacey"~

~704 words~