Zen is usually very careful only to act when the tyrants rise up in their season and train the heroes in their season. Even Arthur, one of the greatest hero souls has been driven off his path by an Otherworlder.

Some of the Spirits may call it Chaos, but the spirit of 'the management of souls' was killed before my very eyes by Justice so that souls may have the freedom of choice. Or maybe he was Killed by Inari the trickster to facilitate Chaos for the leftover gods.

Either way, this season will be a most eventful one. Long ago it was only Zen who was brought over by the power of Humans and spirits, I wonder if it is the Will of the Great Spirit to bring over this many outsiders.

There have always been wars in the past, but this Season of Chaos will be a good show.

And Sebas will be the most interesting Main Character to watch.

*

[Sebas/Jekyll]

I have told this story so many times now I'm almost getting sick of it. I've begun embellishing the fight scenes and the love story pining into a dramatic teen drama. I've had bards join in and play background music and even some actors and dancers opt to get involved and improvise along with the story.

By the time we parted with the caravan, the caravan leader opted to camp an extra day just so I could finish the almighty shocking climax where Inari steals heaven one last time. At that last campsite we were near a small village near a caravan dungeon so that is where we parted with Becky and Kaina so they could make a few extra bucks.

Unfortunately, the people we picked up in their place were the dragons. Luckily, they had some kind of storage magic and fancy tent setup with enough room for us as well. The only thing that changed from that moment on was that I was able to tell a few other stories to keep the dragons entertained before we finally made it to Ardentwae.

This part of the southern Human kingdoms is full of forests. Old forests with huge trees and dangerous around every corner.

The path we took had minimal monster sightings outside a few goblins and pretty soon we arrived at the Elkwood Territory.

It was odd to find such a sprawling city after so much time. Unlike the Cities and nations along the great lake this one was filled with trees that were almost too healthy thanks to the climate. There were even a number of fruit-bearing trees that were nearly creaking from their abundance of hanging treasures. From the gate we got a full escort to the castle, and we were greeted by our sorcery class and the Marquis.

Liz saw how close I had become with Talisa and nearly tackled us both. It seemed as if the young marquis had been injured in an additional attack and had his right arm in a brace.

"Greetings, I'm sure your teacher would also be here to greet you but he seems to have his hands full." Marquis Elkwood welcomed us into the mansion. "Please allow me to introduce myself to your guests. I am the Marquis Elkwood and I welcome you to my territory. I apologize for showing you such a sight."

"This great one is good friends with the Young Henry Jekyll." Zhang said. "Young Jekyll, if you make introductions."

"This is the lord dragon Zhang Rostimou Huanlong, his consort Velice Summiallen Fangwu. They are of great importance in the dragon community and for some reason they have chosen to follow me around." I said.

"You may think of this great one as the mentor of kings and I have chosen the Young Jekyll as my first shing star pupil." The brilliant dragon seemed to shimmer as he ran his hand through his hair, and I could see that despite herself Velice was flush with passion for him.

All I could do was sigh. "He is the heir to the Jade throne, what can I even do?"

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I shall introduce you to my fiancé, but she is currently in the midst of solving the aforementioned issue. Actually, if possible, I'd like to employ your assistance Alpha since it has to do with one of your charges." Marquis Elkwood said.

Then as if on cue there was an explosion someplace near the back of the mansion.

"Which one?" Alpha asked.

"The one from the Western continent called Raven." Marquis Elkwood said.

"Who?" I asked completely taken back that the mild-mannered shinobi-like girl with a katana be the one in the middle of a scuffle.

"She seems to be at odds with Captain Flint." Elkwood said.

"About what?" Alpha asked.

"Who even knows anymore." Elkwood sighed. "The fights are daily at this point we can hardly keep up."

"What is the good Professor Turner doing?" Alpha asked.

"I've assured him that I can take care of his students during certain times of the day, this is one of those times. I have the Rangers keeping them in the training arena." Elkwood sighed. " but they are very talented. And we need a professional to actually get in the way and diffuse the situation."

We followed Elkwood through his illustrious mansion and estate to the training ground.

There Flint had his cutlass and Raven had her katana and they were in an elegant dance with one another... and they had quite the crowd.

I was unabashedly impressed by the skill they had. I was also impressed by how furious Raven was. No wonder nobody wanted to stand between them.

"I thought you honorable, but you betrayed my hopes once again thou scoundrel of the foulest morals." Raven spat as she swung her sword around trying to take Flint's life.

"Oh. No. It. Appears. I. Dropped. My. Luggage." Alpha said as I had him throw the briefcase into the midst of the fight.

Flint noticed the ploy and dodged it. But poor Raven reacted before she could think about it. She sliced it in half and when it landed two halves of a black skull rolled out.

"Now she's done it." Talisa remarked.

"Shit, shit, shit." Amanda grabbed her ears.

"What?" Raven noticed something wrong, and she seemed to be able to tell that Amanda was a strong existence that now seemed worried about something. She then noticed the package and the skull she had sliced in half.

"That is destruction of property. Now, you've probably pissed off the demon sealed inside it." Alpha announced. 

Foxtails and Fairytales: Facades and Fables of the Phantom Princeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें