eighteen <3

-Tommy's POV-

"In other words, I love you."

I ran my fingers through her hair as her body relaxed in my arms. Her breathing slowed to match mine. And though she was hot to the touch, her body was curled tightly into mine for warmth. I caressed her side softly, laying my head on top of where it was rested on me. I was content, comfortable. I genuinely wanted her to be mine but wanted it to be perfect. I also needed Aaron's and Will's permission. While no i didn't necessarily need it, i wanted to be respectful. I also wanted to converse with Asterin and Caroline for some type of confirmation as well.

My eyes traveled back to the tele, focusing in on the show i'd been neglecting for a while. My fingers aimlessly drew patterns on her side as my other hand swept through her hair. I couldn't imagine my life without Izzy. She'd been there forever. Every memory I have is with her.

My phone started to ring just before i went down the rabbit hole of thought.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Tom! How is Izzy?" Wilbur's voice came down the line.

"She's asleep right now. Don't panic, but she like was unconscious for a few minutes. I sat with her until she woke up and then she took a shower. She has a fever but she wont tell me anything that's wrong. I know she's due for her period soon but, i can't think of much that could be wrong." I rambled.

"It's alright, Tom. We'll be there in about an hour to three hours depending on traffic. Are you okay to keep her there and keep watch of her?"

"Yeah, of course. I got it under control. Jack likes to speed, be careful." I spoke before hanging up. I focused back into the film before letting my body relax and falling asleep.

———

I woke up to the door opening. My grip tightened around the girl in my arms whom was still sleeping silently.

"Tom?" Jack asked quietly. I opened my eyes slowly and peered up at him.

"Hm." I responded, closing my eyes again.

"You alright?" He asked, sitting on the floor.

"She's really like warm, Jack. I know im a fucking dimwit sometimes and I fuck around a lot, but its worrying me." I responded, allowing my vulnerability to show slightly.

"Why don't you let Will check her out?" He asked. "Maybe we should take her home."

"That means she'd have to leave me, Jack. Her mom is just gonna work and she'd be forced to go to college. Don't take her home just yet, i can help her."

"Hey Tom, is she asleep?" Will asked, walking into the room. I nodded, not wanting to talk anymore.

"We have to wake her soon for some medicine and food, you okay with that?" Will asked, nudging Jack over some. I nodded in response.

Her breathing patterns changed as did her grip on me. She's awake.

"Tommy, I can assure you she'll be fine. She just gets pretty bad whenever she gets sick, nothing i don't know how to take care of. I actually have specific medications on like stock here whenever she comes. Whenever she was very very little, she-

"Don't even tell that story Uncle Will. That's not very nice." She mumbled, nuzzling into my chest.

"Alright, darling, I won't. We shoukd get you some meds and food tho." He spoke, gently rubbing her back.

"I just ate."

"What did you eat?"

"The food Jack and Tommy got me on the way here."

"Iz my love, that was like 7 or 8 hours ago. You need food." I spoke softly, trying to keep my eyes opened. Truth be told ive been on no sleep the past two days. Ive been trying to do some school work and editing and planning and filming and just stressing. I havent been able to sleep. This moment though, with Izzy in my arms, i just felt drawn to sleep.

"Tom go to sleep, i'll bring her back." Wilbur said softly as he took the girl in my arms lulling me to sleep. I nodded, allowing my eyes to shut and allowing myself to sleep.

a/n - im genuinely so sorry for the lack of updates. i got out of my writing habits and more into my reading as well as trying to deal with a breakup and such so my motivation has run low lately. the past week and a half ive been rather sick and just laying in bed reading or watching markiplier. im so sorry for the short chapter and lack of updates, i'll do better in the future. happy new year, i love you always. -mars/reya