twenty-one <3

"Am I the villain or the hero, Jack." I asked. The phone was next to my ear as I was waiting for my alarm to go off. I listened as the silence took over.

"Hero. Also, what time is your date with Tom?" He asked, moving around on the other end.

"It's not a date." I said. Moving to lean him against my window. It's been a week or so since we had gone to Will's. I was still sick, but not as badly. Will has texted to check up on me. It's about early February now and I'm so ready to get Valentine's day over with.

"Liar, god you're such a liar."

"I mean i'm not, i haven't asked him on a date. Therefore, not a date." I said, rolling my eyes as I saw messages from Kai roll in about the newest chapter I'd posted less than an hour ago. It was funny just how pissed she was getting over my writing.

"Isabella Sebastian if you do not ask Thomas Simons on a date within the next week I am coming down and planning one myself with Will." He said, looking at me sternly. I groaned and my alarm went off, signalling that it was time for me to walk to Tommy. Jack saw my smile and he knew, he knew.

"I mean it, Iz, ask him on a date."

"Fine, fine. I'll ask him on a real fuckimng date. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get my best friend." I said with an obvious smile. I said my goodbyes before hanging up and getting dressed. I threw on a navy blue hoodie over top of a random nice shirt I had. I paired it with ripped jeans and my converse. I quickly grabbed my keys and left my house in a rush.

It was genuinely freezing outside, but it felt nicer than some of the other days this week. Since I decided to leave a bit sooner than usual, I took my time on the walk there.

When I finally made it, I waited outside the gate for him. After a few minutes I heard his loud voice. He was laughing. God his laugh is annoyingly pretty.

"Did you want ti go out to lunch with me, Tom?" I heard a girl ask. He didnt respond. At least not in the time I was standing there. I quickly left, sending him a message.

Tom <3

I can't make it. Lots of homework and i don't have much of an appetite. Sorry. x

Oh, that sucks :(
Can we go to dinner then instead?

Prob not. Sorry.

Oh, its fine. xx

————

I walked to my computer, wiping my eyes from crying for the last hour. Im probably being over dramatic, i know, but i need to talk to someone about it.

Caroline My Beloved <33

hey, are you available to facetime?

yeah why? are you okay?

no

Incoming Facetime from Caroline My Beloved <33 ...

"What's wrong Izzy, why are you crying?" She spoke softly, trying to keep me from crying again.

"He was with another girl, Care. She asked him to lunch."

"Did he say yes?"

"I dont know, didnt stick around long enough." I said, wiping the newfound tears going down my cheeks.

"Izzy, you dont know what happened. You have to talk to him."

"No, he's a dick."

"He is not, and you know it." She said with a stern tone.

"It hurts, Care, why am I gonna wanna go back to that? He hurt me."

"Iz, i know its hard, but you can't just run away from something so important to you because you're scared of heartbreak."

"He's not important to me." I said with a sob. Because he is, he is that important to me and I can't lose him.

"What?" I heard a voice from my door. Wrong time for him to walk in. "Who's not important?"

"Tommy, he's not important to me anymore." I said, facing the man at the door.

"What did he do?" The man asked, glancing around the room. He'd never seen my room before.

"He went to lunch with another girl."

"No, he declined lunch with another girl and got a message from you saying you saying you couldnt make it." He explained, leaning against the door frame.

"Iz, im gonna go. I'll call you later. I live you."

"I love you too." I said with a sniffle before turning to face the man at my door.

"Well its too late now, im done."

"So just like that, you're just giving up? Who taught you that because it certainly was not me." He spoke, walking to my bed.

"Uncle Will, he hurt me and you're taking his side?"

"No, im not taking sides in this. But he's hurt too, you just stood him up for no reason. He's out getting you soup to try and make up for whatever he did wrong because he knows you."

"He what? I didnt ask for that."

"But he is doing it, and he's gonna end up talking things out with you and missing school." Will said. I immediately felt bad, but he hurt me.

"But-"

"No, you can't just give up on him, Isabella. I won't let you give up on him." He said, looking at me with a pointed look.

"He's never even gonna ask me out. He's gonna end up finding someone else and I'm never gonna get my happy ending with him! I'm not even worth it, Uncle Will! Why would he want me when he can have anyone else!" I said, sobs wracking my body. I've never felt these kind of feelings for anyone and they are absolutely terrifying to handle. I love him with my entire being, and It's terrifying. God my parents rarely show me affection, my neighbors are more of my parents and their stupid fucking son has just stolen my entire fucking heart and it's terrifying. 

"You're such an idiot." Tommy said from my doorway, holding food in his hand as his face is beat red and his eyes are filling with tears. 

"I'll let you two talk." Will said, exiting the room. 

"You really think i'm never gonna ask you out? That you're not worthy?" He asked me, walking into the room more and shutting the door behind him. He set the food on my bed as he sat next to it, not wanting to overwhelm me. 

"I'm not, im not worthy and no. It's been months, Tom, being just your friend hurts a hell of a lot more than what I thought it'd be but I didn't wanna ruin anything." I said, looking at the floor. 

"Izzy, I-"

"You know what, just- ugh. Promise me that no matter what happens between us, staying best friends or becoming more, nothing will effect our relationship we've been building up since we were two."