nine <3

TW - mentions of abuse

Tommy and I walked over to my house and i let myself in. Tommy walked inside and i followed, shutting the door behind me. I sighed before walking into the living room with Tommy.

"Bee!" Jenna yelled upon seeing me enter the house.

"Hey, Jenny." I said with a laugh, lifting her off the ground and hugging her tightly. I hadn't seen her in a long time, what felt like years as shes my little mini me.

"Isabella, darling." I heard a voice say, fake emotion lacing his voice. I faked a smile and looked towards the voice.

"Dad." I said, in a high pitched tone of voice. I wasn't expecting to see him, it caught me off guard. I knew he was dropping them off, but i didn't expect him to stay.

Tommy slowly walked up behind me and grabbed ahold of the shirt i was wearing softly. It was a way of letting me know he was here for me and i didn't need to be so tense.

"Thomas." My father greeted, his fake smile dropping from his face. He never really liked Tom, never hid it either.

"Is Izzy here yet, Jen?!" Aaron yelled from up the stairs. i didnt have much control over getting antsy in my spot. Tommy let go of my shirt and tapped my back lightly, silently telling me i could go.

"Yeah! Hurry up she can't stand still!" Jenny yelled back. i smiled but when i saw him appear on the bottom step, i didnt hesitate to run to him. He was definitely my best friend.

Growing up we did almost everything together. When our parents started fighting he would help distract me by taking me next door or playing outside with me. he helped me when i needed him to. He was rather tall, taller than Tommy. He got that from Uncle Will. he was almost as tall as Uncle Will, not quite there though.

Aaron was almost 6'3. Tommy was 6'1 and i was fucking 5'7. If you can't tell, the height gene was not directly carried over to me. I stood by his side and looked towards Tommy.

"So what is Thomas doing here?" My father asked, looking at me with daggers in his eyes. If looks could kill, i would surely be making my way to my grave.

"I hadn't wanted to come alone so he tagged along." I said with a shrug, hiding my slight fear in my tone.

"I can leave, if you'd like me to Iz." Tommy spoke up, looking at me with kind eyes. I looked at Aaron, seeing what his input was. His eyes were blank, as if he had no answer. He couldn't predict this situation. I slowly made my way over to Tommy and stood in front of him.

"Sorry this interaction was short, dad, but we're gonna go play minecraft in my room. Maybe get ready for college, i'll see you another time." I said, not looking away from the ground. I grabbed Tom's hand and pulled him with me towards the stairs.

I lead him to my room and he followed me, the steps groaning with every step taken. Once we reached my room, i closed my door and opened my window.

"Simons, i think you should leave." My father called from down the stairs. I shuddered at the loud noise but looked towards him despite it.

"Hey, i'll leave and open my window." He said with a small smile. I nodded as he left my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed, hating how controlling my father was despite his absence. I heard the front door slam shut and flinched.

———

My door creaked open, the bright light from the hallway engulfing my dark room.

"Hey, Tommy is on his way over now. He had come by during the fight but i sent him to the store for some things, i think he just went back to his house though. Kid's smart, but sometimes i doubt his common sense." Aaron spoke quietly into the bedroom. He sat on the bed next to me, his weight making the bed uneven and groan with the weight.

"Okay, Jenny didn't see right? You took her outside like you used to with me?" I asked, my voice hoarse from screaming. There was a small knock on my door frame and my light turned on. My eyes shot closed in pain from the light.

"I'm gonna go put Jenny to bed. I'll be back." Aaron said softly, pressing a kiss to my head. Once Aaron was gone, Tommy walked towards me and sat beside me.

"I'll kill him." Tommy whispered, starting to dab my eye with a cold papertowel. I hissed in pain, a stinging sensation shooting through my face. Tommy apologized as he helped cleaned me up some.

"Im fine, Tom." I whispered the lie, regretting it as soon as his eyes met mine. I'd never seen this type of anger within him before.

"Izzy, your eye is black and blue. He was screaming at you to a point i had to mute my stream. You're not okay, you're not. You don't have to lie to me." He explained kindly. I nodded and sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

This was going to be a long week.