Chapter 451 - Chapter 460

Start from the beginning

It had been half an hour, but Lin Ruoxi didn't look like she was planning to talk, as if she had fallen into realm created by her imagination beyond that of the human one.

Yang Chen walked toward Lin Ruoxi and covered the photo, blocking her from staring at it.

"There's no need to stare any longer. You still have a lot of things to do. Don't think about things or people that you don't need to prioritize on," Yang Chen said as he frowned.

Earlier, Wu Yue and Mo Qianni had made a call to her. Yu Lei International had recently survived a war and struck back after all. Their stock prices had skyrocketed. The press conferences, market seminars, and other meetings had to be led and managed by Lin Ruoxi.

However, Lin Ruoxi had been 'paralyzed' by the events that happened just when Yu Lei needed her most.

Yang Chen didn't put much importance on the operations of Yu Lei International. However, he couldn't bear looking at her lifeless and depressed state.

This woman was usually called a workaholic. Yang Chen felt a trace of terror now that she had remained quiet for so long!

It wasn't known if Lin Ruoxi managed to hear what he said. Quietly nodding, she looked at Yang Chen and asked, "You've known about it for sometime, haven't you?"

Yang Chen didn't understand what he said. However, he felt a little relieved as Lin Ruoxi finally opened her mouth. He asked, "What?"

"When that man died, I remember a doctor asking to speak to that man's family. It was you who had gone with him. If he had a medical record, you'd be the first one to know..." Lin Ruoxi was referring to Doctor Bao whom Yang Chen had threatened at the hospital. "You told me that it wasn't anything important. Did you attempt to hide the truth from me?"

Yang Chen knew that he couldn't hide it from her anymore. Nodding, he said, "That's right. I did it in your best interest. This is something that you could have lived on without knowing."

"Are you mocking me? For whoever gave birth to me doesn't matter, and I'm a child that nobody wants?" Lin Ruoxi asked as she smiled coldly.

Yang Chen shook his head. "You're wrong. In my eyes, none of these things concern me. Whose daughter you were in the past didn't matter. What matters most is... where you are now. You are... now my wife."

Lin Ruoxi was stunned. Having stared at Yang Chen for a while, she didn't notice any insincerity in Yang Chen's words. His eyes were clear and had said it all. He looked incredibly serious, contrary to how he would usually behave in a happy-go-lucky manner, as if he was talking about something crucial.

Lin Ruoxi lowered her head. Her eyes had reddened a little. She bit her lips and remained silent.

Yang Chen sat by the bed and stretched his arm out to hold Lin Ruoxi's delicate chin before lifting it to meet his eyes.

Their gazes met. Lin Ruoxi's eyes were rather watery and reflective.

"Back then, you said that we were both scorpions. The river couldn't drown us. The only thing which could kill us was our own venom which we couldn't control. Since that's the case, why do you look like you've lost everything after merely exposing yourself in the drizzling rain?" Yang Chen asked.

Lin Ruoxi stared at him for a while before saying, "I was just asking how you see me now that you know. Who said I needed a lecture?"

Yang Chen was shocked, but soon revealed a smile.