EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
' BLOOD FOR THE
  BLOOD GOD . '

After using a process of elimination and their paper files, the Avengers found themselves in a Salvage Yard on the African Coast. The Blade was hunkered down by metal railings of a balcony. Natasha was in the same position on the other side of a small office with Barton opposite them both. They blended in perfectly with the dimmed atmosphere. Klaue stood in front of a descending flight of stairs, Ultron and the Maximoff twins standing in front of him. 

Due to her angle, the Blade could study the twins' features, tilting her head before Ultron continued, 'Now, so are you. It's all under your dummy holdings? Finance is so weird. But I always say, "Keep your friends rich and your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which."'

'Stark,' Klaue replied accusingly.

'What?'

'Tony Stark used to say that...to me. You're one of his.'

'What? I'm not-' Ultron seized Klaue in a fit of rage. 'I'm not. You think I'm one of Stark's puppets? His hollow men? I mean look at me, do I look like Iron Man? Stark is-' he suddenly brought down something obviously sharp and sliced off his arm. He froze, realising what he did after a moment. 'I'm sorry. I am sor- Ooh, I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry, it's just I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark! It's a thing with me. Stark is- he's a sickness!'

Stark took this as an invitation and lifted into the air in his suit behind the three. 'Ahh, Junior,' he mocked, landing on a box with Thor and Rogers coming to stand either side of him. 'You're gonna break your old man's heart.'

'If I have to,' Ultron replied.

Thor lifted his hand in front of him. 'We don't have to break anything.'

'Clearly you've never made an omelet,' he replied fluently.

Stark stomped his foot. 'He beat me by one second.'

'Ah, this is funny, Mr Stark,' Pietro Maximoff stepped forward with his sister, tilting his head. 'It's what, comfortable? Like old times?'

'This was never my life,' Stark replied tiredly.

Rogers looked between the two. 'You two can still walk away from this.'

God this is dull.

I hate back and forward, why can't we just kill them now?

True true.

The Blade sighed, shifting with a clenched jaw. She brought her hand to her ear piece, glancing in Barton's direction. 'Can we hurry this up?' she whispered. 'I'm getting cramps sitting here.'

'Where's your patience?' Natasha replied in the same tone.

'I remember times when you used to stalk Government officials just for the fun of it,' Barton added.

'Well, it wasn't just for fun. I had to track them to learn their routines.'

'Why?' Banner asked through his connection from the Quinjet.

'So I could put bombs on them, why else?' she replied bluntly.

Banner's stuttering filtered through and the two other assassins had to cover their months to stop laughter slipping through.

'Oh, shit!' the three on the balcony chorused as Ultron shot forward, tackling Stark.

'This is why-' Rogers managed out, fighting a robot of Ultron's. 'This is why you need to pay attention.'