FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
' NEVER SAID I WAS,
PRINCESS. '

The Blade stepped onto the Quinjet, pursing her lips as she followed the interior with a raised eyebrow. Dumping Loki's sceptre on the table, she kicked a wall and let out a small noise of criticism. "God, I can smell the funded money," she drawled in disgust.

"Well, the quicker we work, the quicker you can get off," Rogers replied, his almost offended tone caused her to raise her eyebrow.

Blood!

I've changed my mind, I don't like him anymore.

Blood!

Took you long enough.

She hummed, her eyes flickering to him. "Yeah, alright, State's Boy."

Stark let out a burst of laughter, the hanger door closing behind him, and Romanoff manipulated the ship into the air. "I gotta say," he began, offering her a hand with a one sided smirk. "I'm a big fan."

Don't you dare say that you find this one attractive.

Blood for the Blood God!

I wasn't going to!

The Blade turned to face him, her face emotionless as she made no move to shake his outstretched hand. "If this is your way of seduction, clearly you're used to courting those with painfully low standards," she replied in a monotone voice.

Stark's mouth dropped open as his hand slowly lowered to his side. "But-" he stammered out, blinking rapidly as the Blade pursed her lips distastefully and turned away, lowering onto one of the chairs.

Sitting cross-legged in her seat opposite Loki, she pulled her lilac hair out from under the collar of her jacket. She sat slightly hunched over, her hands dangling over her knees. Her masked eyes never wavered from where she stared into Loki's. She slightly tilted her head towards the direction of the cockpit when voices began.

"Said anything?" Fury's voice carried over to her.

"Not a word. He's having a staring match with Blade, so I doubt he'll be saying much anytime soon," Romanoff replied.

Fury let out a dry chuckle. "Well, I didn't count her to take up on the offer. Maybe we should send you in more often. Just get him here. We're low on time."

See, bad idea.

Blood!

Oh, will you stop being such a pessimist?

I'm not the only one getting bad vibes! You're all just too wimpy!

Blood God!

"They're loud, aren't they?"

Blood!

He knows about us?

How does he know?

The Blade stared at Loki, tilting her head. Rogers went to tell Loki to be quiet, but she raised a hand, silencing him. "You're still managing to be louder."

"Barton told me," he paused, gauging for a reaction which he did not receive. "What are the voices saying?"

Blood.

Kill him.

The audacity.

He had no right.

Blood.

Blood God.

The Blade shrugged. "A simple phrase," she paused, a smirk playing on her features. "Blood for the Blood God."

DAYWALKER | n.romanoff ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें