25

"So anyone care to tell me why our little Deviant tried to break through the talismans?" Wei WuXian asked the moment that he had opened the door, chaos whirling as was apt for Wei WuXIan. The man brought a stream of chaotic energy everywhere he went. With Lan Wangji, Huaisang had noted that he was a bit more muted...or...perhaps muted was not the best word to describe it, but more calm, relaxed. It was not common that Wei WuXian was relaxed or calm in any situation...outside of a crisis which was rather interesting. Despite that, he seemed a lot more of a general state of happy with Wangji-Xiong, and it was not even that obvious to many, but Huaisang had made a career of watching people, and he knew both Wangji Xiong and Wei Xiong. They were truly made for each other if anyone asked his opinion, which he doubted anyone would, wishful thinking. 

"Ah, see, well," Huaisang glanced back towards Xue Yang who had trained his eyes on Wei Ying and Lan Wangji, the two of them having come in almost close enough to have held hands, but he doubted...then again Huaisang supposed he would not be too surprised after all. The two did care deeply for each other, and he would not be too shocked to find that they had established a potential courtship, though whether that was true remained to be seen. While he was more than aware that Wei Ying and Lan Zhan cared deeply, far more than just a friendship, he did not know if they had bothered to act upon that realization, or if they realized it at all. The two's relationship was rather confusing at the best of times but then again Wei Xiong had dipped the Jiang Sect to be with Lan Wangji.

"I was bored." Xue Yang said simply, leaning back in the chair that he was perched atop. He assessed the two with glittering eyes, watching them carefully. Wei Ying was assessing the psychopath carefully, watching him as he spoke, before he nodded once. "In my defense, there is painfully little to do here. It is not that I wanted to leave, I was just bored is all. What better way to fill my endless free time then try to break the talisman spell?" Xue Yang questioned with a sharp glint of teeth. Wei Ying sighed. Huaisang knew that he understood, and Wangji was just standing besides Wei Ying, not staying a single thing. 

"Well, in that case we shall ensure that you remain less bored." Wei Ying said with a slight roll of his eyes. "But do not try and break the Talismans again. Not that you could have either way, but it is a rather tedious thing, and should it become too obvious to the other Lans, it will raise unwanted questions, and then keeping you here, will become a trifle more difficult. Not that it would be hard to convince the Elders, I do have a way with people." Wei Ying said with a shrug as though he did not care for it. 

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji spoke for the first time, and it was slightly scolding to Huaisang. Clearly Wei Ying detected a fondness that Huaisang did not because the other smiled and gave Lan Wangji a far more obvious amused smile. 

"Oh come on Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying whined. "You know that I am right." 

"Mhm," Wei Ying seemed almost vibrating now, and it was interesting to watch, but there was other things that had to be attended to, and Huaisang felt as though Xue Yang was beginning to get restless with the attention being off of him. Xue Yang certainly had the pride and ego that Wei WuXian did not. That was something that was stark in contrast. Wei Ying gained attention and popularity with very little effort, and half of the time he did not want it, nor need it. He enjoyed the attention, to some extent, Huaisang knew, but he much preferred the attention of those he held close. He wondered if that was part of the reason that he severed his ties with the Jiang clan, but he knew that he could not just ask such a question, much less with others around. He would have to corner his friend to ask at some point, though. 

"Perhaps," Xue Yang cut in, once more diverting attention back to himself. "You would be willing to supply me some more information on talismans, they do seem quite fascinating." His dark eyes were sparkling and Wei Ying looked closely at Xue Yang, moving forwards before Lan Wangji could even stop him, ignoring Huaisang's screech of shock before moving very close to the deviant. He bent over, staring at him in the eyes as though looking for something, questioning. 

"Very well," Lan Zhan did not make a sound but the two seemed so...entwined with each other that obviously Wei ying knew something nobody else did as he glanced back at Lan ZHan with a soft smile. "Do not worry, they will not be from the Lan Library." Huaisang watched as the tension from Lan Wangji's shoulders lessened slightly. 

It was a founded worry. Who knew how gentle Xue Yang would be with Lan books, and he knew that the Lan Library was sacred, in many ways. Sure, even the simpler texts were used often, but to damage the material would cause quite a stir, and Xue Yang...well he had decimated an entire sect, he supposed it was understandable that they would be worried that the other would damage the books should he get into the mood. 

"Wei Xiong, how are you going to get the books then?" Huaisang asked curiously. He regretted it immediately, seeing Wei Ying's mischievious smirk directed at him instead. Nervously shuffling from side to side, he glanced up at Wei Ying, unable to contain his curiosity. 

"Why, I am sure that Nie Mingjue would be more than willing to supply his dearest younger brother with such materials as he has developed a recent interest in learning the basics of Cultivation whilst with his best friends." Wei Ying said, his eyes sharp, and suddenly he looked a lot more like Xue Yang then Huaisang cared to admit. He was merely able to laugh, ducking his head nervously. 

The Jade And Yiliang Take Over The Cultivation WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara