Getting Along-Somewhat

After that simple conversation, Nie Huaisang took it to himself to really pay much more attention to the two cultivators. He wondered what exactly it was that Wei Ying meant when he said...he was a demonic cultivator. He was not aware of that...last time he had checked, the boy had a golden core and was cultivating spiritual energy, so what exactly had happened? In fact, how had Xue Yang come across Demonic Cultivation in the first place, and why had he decided to take that path? It was a rather interesting thing to have heard. He was curious, was Wei Ying just saying that so that he could get closer to Xue Yang, or was it in some way true?

So many questions, but Nie Huaisang was patient, it was one of his true abilities was the ability to be patient despite wanting to know something incredibly badly, so he knew that he would be more than capable of finding his answers at some point, even if it was not at the point that he wanted. So he just continued to watch them.

Xue yang was still tied, they had not completely left him ope nad able. His arms were still tied together and Lan Zhan had made it quite clear that should he mess around he would be tired further and with no denials from Wei Ying, it would seem as though Xue Yang was going to behave himself. 

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying called out, bouncing just a little on his feet, watching as the other quickly turned to look at him. "Lan Zhan come here!" Nie Huaisang watched as Lan Zhan did so, gracefully moving towards Wei Ying, pausing in his attempts of making a fire. He moved to stand before Wei Ying, face seemingly blank, though that seemed to not bother Wei Ying at all.

"You need to introduce yourself," The other said, his head tilted lightly to the side, eyes bright and mischievous. Nie Huaisang's own eyes widened at Wei Ying's shameless proposal. Everyone knew who Lan Zhan was in the cultivator world, he did not need to introduce himself, such a thing was ludicrous. Why would...Why would Wei Ying ask such a thing of Lan Zhan?

Lan Zhan seemed to sigh...in what Nie Huaisang could not tell, but he had closed his eyes momentarily for a few seconds, before opening them once more. He turned is body slightly, to face the Demonic Cultivator, gaze intense as always. 

"Lan Zhan...Curtesy Wangji." Lan Zhan simply, gaze catching Xue Yang's own. 

Xue Yang nodded and swiftly introduce himself, before looking away, not really able to keep Lan Zhan's intense gaze. Nie Huaisang did not know how Wei ying had managed to do such a thing so many times. Lan Zhan's gaze was fire and brimstone and barely anyone could stand it. Then again it would seem as though many things that typically occurred when dealing with Lan Wangji just simple did not happen with Wei ying. it was rather fascinating to watch the two interact. 

"Yeah," Xue Yang did not keep eye contact and Wei Ying just sighed. He knew that the two probably would not like each other much, but they were going to the Cloud Recesses, and so it was imperative that they at least tolerate each other a little better than this! 

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying whined, hand coming up to grip the sleeve of his robes gently. His eyes were wide, and his lips formed a slight frown. The other paused, staring at Wei Ying, and Nie Huaisang watched with big eyes and soaked in the view. they seemed to be having a whole conversation with just their gaze. He did not know that the two were close enough to be capable of doing such a thing. It would seem many things which he had previously believed were beginning to be proven otherwise. He was not entirely certain that he approved of such a thing. 

"Would..." Lan Zhan hesitated, glancing at the young cultivator. Xue Yang paused in his determined glare at the ground to look at the bright white cultivator. "Would you wish to help." Lan Zhan gestured towards the fire. Xue Yang looked at Wei Ying, glancing between the two. Wei Ying was bouncing slightly on his feet nodding enthusiastically, with a look that dared him to deny Lan Zhan's offer. 

Xue Yang would...honestly, he really would...but there was also something within the dark look which Wei Ying was giving him which seemed to drop all previous confidence which he had. He did not want to test the other. Especially not with...with THAT look. Xue Yang was not entirely certain why it unnerved him, but it did which meant that he would simply be forced to accept the great Second Master LAN's request. 

He bit his tongue, trying to keep himself relatively civil. His eyes glinted darkly with annoyance, but he simply nodded once, and Lan Zhan seemed to accept it and helped the boy up. He pinned the other with a stare. 

"Do not try and escape." Lan Zhan said simply. "It will not be good for you." Xue Yang had not one single doubt about that. After all, they had clearly managed to overpower some fairly strong rogue cultivators, and given the dark look in both of their eyes they would be more easily able to incapacitate him should they need to and it was something which Xue Yang would not want. He wanted to be able to know where he was going and what was going on around him, especially since he was within the capable hands of his enemies. 

Then he cut through the ropes, swiftly unwrapping them around his wrists. Xue Yang stood, still, unbelieving, for a few seconds. He knew that the other was only doing this because Wei ying wished for him to do so, but it still shocked him more than a little bit. After all, he was their enemy and yet he was being treated with...and overwhelming amount of trust and respect. Though he knew very well the minute that they lost trust in him this would be a very different situation, he could not help but be...somewhat grateful. 

It was different from what he was used to and Xue Yang really had a hard time being  able to comprehend that. He did not really understand what was going on and now he was totally confused.