Six Months Past

Lan Zhan had conflicting feelings over their guests from the Jiang sect. He could not say that Wei WuXian's boisterous behavior really...antagonized him as it should. Granted, he did find it annoying at times, but normally if someone had been acting as Wei WuXian had been the last few weeks, saying such...shameless things, acting out, being so rebellious...he would be beyond furious and demand they be removed from the Cloud Recesses. Yet he found himself, not requesting it of Uncle, or Elder Brother.

It was confusing, also, these...feelings which arose. Gege told him it was amusement, but how could he be amused whenever Wei WuXian defied rules and such? Though he did not share the latter part with his elder brother. He did not want to think of what his brother may or may not say to that.

Perhaps it was that feeling that Wei WuXian was hiding something? Lan Zhan knew well enough that was not it. Though it was clear that the Jiang head disciple was hiding something, he would not be so lax with the other because of it.

However, he was entirely confused as to what it could be. How was it that this seemingly nobody managed to captivate his attention so effortlessly. It was as though Wei WuXian had placed a spell upon him from the first comment about the puppet back at the gates of the Cloud Recesses.

Lan Zhan could not help but pause, staring out as the peaceful area about him. He was almost done with his rounds. His Jiangshi was close to here. He misses Wei Wu....Lan Zhan stopped that thought instantly. He could not think such things!! It simply was not allowed.

Lan Zhan closed his eyes, and tried to clear his thoughts. It would seem his thoughts only revolved around Wei WuXian as of late, and he was not entirely certain why. It was done without his permission, which perhaps was what annoyed him more than anything else.

Distantly he heard light footfalls, and was instantly on guard. Nobody was out this late barring him and sometimes Gege, for the late night rounds. He turned around, hair flowing in the light breeze, robes twirling, sword gleaming as he made contact with the ever so familiar face...but yet...not so familiar. There was no smile, the eyes were no longer bright, and it was obvious something had happened. Lan Zhan could do nothing but assess the one before him, worried despite himself.

Wei WuXian stood before him, head tilted up, neck exposed to the sharp blade. He could not entirely quite erase the fear within his eyes as quickly as needed for Lan Zhan to not see. The glisten betrayed the water which Wei WuXian was clearly trying to hold. Eyes dulled from their normal shimmering bright sparkle. His hands were held up to the collar of his red and black robes, hiding as opposed to his relaxed and open nature. His was pale, more so than usual at least, and his body seemed to be trembling slightly.

"Wei WuXian." Lan Zhan said softly, a bit confused. The other knew the rule of being out late, and while he may break others, he had obeyed to that one rule which Lan Zhan had ordered since the second night.

"L-Lan Zhan." Wei Ying said, voice uncharacteristically soft. Lan Zhan felt his eyebrows furrow slightly at the sound. He had also...tripped over the first letter of his name. Something was wrong.

"Come." Lan Zhan ordered gently, swiftly sheathing his sword, he grasped Wei Ying by the forearm and pulled him towards his room. He needed to get to the bottom of this. Something was wrong. If the way Wei WuXian was hiding behind his hands and arms was any indication (which it was) Lan Zhan would bet he had been attacked somehow.

Normally he would not be so careless. Never had he stopped within the middle of his nightly rounds until Wei WuXian had come to the Cloud Recesses. For some reason, the thought did not even pass his mind that he was literally dropping his responsibilities in favor of pulling Wei WuXian to his room, but rather the fact that the other was likely in pain and had been injured.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei WuXian helped ass he was shoved into the Jiangshi, but he swiftly silenced himself in awe.
The room was minimal, but that was how Lan Zhan liked it. Minimal, and yet peaceful and calming.

"Lan Zhan, is this...your...y-your room?" Wei WuXian asked quietly.

"Mhm. Jiangshi." Wei Ying could not help but chuckle a bit at the name. It was fitting. Quiet, silent, it was so Lan Zhan it made his head spin in shock. Or perhaps it was the fact that he was inhaling much more of the sandalwood which Wei WuXian had come to associate with Lan Zhan over the last few weeks.

Wei WuXian turned to look at Lan Zhan, who was standing there, ever so bright as usual, expressionless. Ever the immovable force. Wei WuXian was helpless to stop the smile which fit against his face, and Lan Zhan could see some light return to his tired and dull eyes as he spoke.

"I like it." Lan Zhan blinked, having not expected such a compliment. Lan Zhan assumed that Wei WuXian would prefer more cluttered, personalized environment to his minimalistic one.

"Like?" He questioned, the ever so slight lilt at the end of the word giving the hint of questioning.

"Mhm!" Wei WuXian said brightly. "I am reminded of Lan Zhan. I like it." Lan Zhan kind of smiled at that, the corner of his lips twitched upwards.

Lan Zhan moved forwards and gazed over Wei WuXian. He knew that the other was hurt, though he couldn't help but admire the other.

"Hurt." Wei WuXian frowned. He shook his head and kind of smiled a bit huffing.

"I can't hide anything from you huh?" He asked huffing softly.