(Chapter 140) Nonetheless

Brickwood dwelled in his office after the Conclave meeting when the messenger stone above his fireplace burned alive with a new letter. His magic reformed the ashes back into its original state though he didn't need to unfurl the note to identify the script of his oldest friend. The professor read its content before ambling over to the map of the world spread on the wall behind a curtain. He got a piece of birchwood from his desk drawer and used magic to set it and the note afire. The ashes funneled towards the map, pressing into the fabric and forming a black smudge on the border between two obscure countries. Brickwood eyed the area, figuring Jared would need at least a week and a half to make it to Emora. He worked out the time frame in his mind, thinking it would be just about perfect.

The professor glanced back at the map with a contemplative frown. Jared was often sending him letters from the oddest and most rural spots of the world, but this one seemed peculiarly out there. There was no documented name for the area that rested right on the border of two insignificant countries in the middle of the continent. He wondered what could have brought Jared to such a place, but decided to think no more into it as he had a lot of letters needing to reach a lot of people before the week was up. His very first letter, nonetheless, went to Jared, before Solace started on his many others.