(Chapter 26) Perverse Fetish Chaser

Pecilia was sauntering around the room with one target in mind. She had gotten Wilham to promise he would drag Algernon to the party, and though she knew the success rate of such a thing was probably very low, it was worth a shot and another long scan of the crowd.

She was just about to give up her search when from the back of the room stalked a dark figure who had just adjusted both collars of his jacket to better cover his face as a smirk appeared on Pecilia's. Algernon usually stood out with his dark hair, but the bar was so dimly lit he blended in with everything else. Also, a good percentage of those attending Attwood dyed their hair black anyways, just as Pecilia did. But that was more because her parents had forwardly suggested she stand out as much as she could to get the attention of the Algernon Black.

"Algernon," Pecilia said, snaking her arm through one of his as she took off her mask.

Algernon barely glanced her way. "What." He knew Pecilia quite well after many years of running in the same circle, but that didn't mean he liked her any more than the rest of them, especially when she clung to him as she did now.

"No need to be in such a foul mood," Pecilia said, sweetling her voice as much as she could. "If you want, I can elevate it for you."

Algernon angled his stone-cold face down at her. "Did you have something to do with Wilham stealing my bag and leaving me the stone to get here?"

Pecilia slyly smiled. "I have to give it to him, that was a smarter plan than I thought him capable of."

Algernon shot her one of his well-practiced glares. Too bad for him, she was the master of glares, which she learned from years of being on the receiving end of her father's. And after a lifetime of dealing with them, nothing fazed or scared her.

"Well since you're here you might as well stay for the fun," Pecilia said as she sipped from her glass goblet of orange spirits. Every color of the alcohol corresponded with its effects, and orange relieved nerves.

"I'd rather not." He said, looking at the sparkling drink concerningly. The nectar of the gods was delicious and the feeling it induced was more pleasant than any regular alcohol, but the long-term effects were horrid on the mind and body. "And you might want to be careful with what you're putting inside you."

Pecilia eyed him over the rim of her drink. "Oh, I'm always careful about what goes inside me."

Algernon sighed. He didn't have the energy tonight for any of this. He had already been drained from a long day of human interaction and setting up the greenhouse. So, when he had gotten back late to his dorm to see his bag missing, he didn't just lose his last nerve, it exploded.

"Tell Wilham he has until sunrise to return my bag, or he'll be spending the next month walking on crutches." Algernon tried to push past Pecilia, but she placed herself in front of him.

"Only if you stay with me a little longer," Pecilia pleaded, as a last resort.

"No," Algernon said, making to leave for good this time. He detested being in places like this. Where the spoiled children of nobles drank until they passed out or got drunk enough to fuck each other on every available surface. Truly it was disgusting and the exact opposite of anywhere he would choose to be, but he found himself suddenly stopped in his tracks when he spotted freshly bobbed blonde hair.

Pecilia noticed his staring and recalled how he had seemed particularly interested in the newest member of society at the welcoming ceremony. It was also one of the reasons she brought Lucy. She wanted to test a hunch.

"I thought it might be interesting to see what she'll do here." Pecilia said as they watched Lucy get approached by an upperclassman in a tacky red velvet suit. She had her mask off which Pecilia told her not to do but intentionally forgot to mention why she shouldn't. "Or should I say what will get done to her here?" Pecilia added as they watched Lucy accept the offered pink drink. "Especially if she drinks that strain of nectar." Which was used as an aphrodisiac, an especially powerful one at that.