Chapter Thirty-Four: The First Date

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ernie's face contorted, "What is the difference between these two tops?"

Hannah rolled her eyes and shook her head at Gwen, "This tank top has lace on the straps and the other one doesn't."

"So we are here to play spot the difference games?" Justin raised his eyebrows.

"Are the outfits cute or not?" Gwen blurted out, "That is what we require your expertise on."

"Um, sure," Ernie said with confusion lingering on his face.

Hannah grabbed an outfit and tossed it in Gwen's lap, "Go put this on. Then they can decide."

Gwen stood, garments in hand, and walked towards the bathroom. Behind her, she could hear Hannah whisper scolding the two boys and Ernie whining defensively.

She pulled off her clothes from the night before and piled them on the countertop. Every once and a while picky and pulling at blemishes she noticed in the mirror. Stretching the black tank top, with lace, over her head and slid on a skirt.

Gwen brushed out her hair, put some light makeup on, and tried two separate times not to overthink. She was always overthinking.

The door opened to her room, Ernie, Justin, and Phoenix sat in a row on her bed. Phoenix spoke first.

"You took the words out of my mouth," Justin laughed at his joke. "You look good, Gwen."

Gwen was glad she had put on blush.

"It's cute, I really see the importance of the lace, Hannah," Ernie nodded.

Hannah flicked his arm, "Don't be a smartass."

"So this is good? We all like?" Gwen looked to her feet.

"Do you like?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah," Gwen smiled and pulled on a cardigan.

"Then it looks like you're all ready, and just in time. Thank you boys for your opinions."

Gwen grabbed her wand and put it in her cardigan pocket. She got two solid pats on the back from Justin, then Ernie, and walked into her common room.

"Fred," she almost choked. He was leaned casually against the wall with jeans and his quidditch jumper on.

"That's my name, wear it out if you'd like," Fred stood up.

She froze in her track, "How did you get in here?"

"Some third years let me in," He smiled and walked up to her. "You look cute."

She wasn't sure if the blush was cutting it now.

"So, should we go?" Fred started walking back towards the door.

Gwen nodded and followed him out.

"Any guesses as to where we are going?"

"Not really," She thought for a second. "Just please not through that weird tunnel in that statue."

Fred frowned, "Damn it."

"Oh, no," Gwen started fumbling.

"Kidding," Fred grinned and bumped into her. "That wouldn't be much of a date crawling through spiderwebs and damp claustrophobic tunnels. Although the view might be nice," his eyes darted to her legs and back up.

The blush was not cutting it. "Where are we going?"

"I know you are a lady of questions, but enjoy the journey too," He grabbed her hand.

His palm always felt rough in her hands, but in the best way, like the aged softness of an old loved blanket. His strides were double the length of hers, but she didn't mind playing catch up. He made her feel seen and special. His smirks and smiles radiated around the halls and kept a warmth around him when they stepped onto the breezy grounds.