Chapter 5

Jack POV:
"Nate! Come on sit by us!" Sammy said patting a spot in between me and sammy.

He glared at me. He walked over with his jaw clenched.

He sat down.

"Hi" he grumbled picking at his food.

"Hey Nathan, how is your food?" I asked trying to become friends.

He glared up at me. He clenched his fist.

"Why do you care!?" He suddenly screamed at me. I flinched.

"Nate don't be mean!" Sammy said getting up with his friend.

"I am sorry" I said quietly. Why does he hate me so much?

"It's ok jacky" JJ said rubbing my arm. His action sent shivers down my spin.

Sammy and Nate sat back down.

"Jack can I talk to you after lunch?" Nate asked. He smiled at me.

"Uh yeah" I said eating.

"So Jacks! What can I call you?" Sammy asked. He smiled at us.

"Um you can call me G" I said taking a bite of my food.

"Oh I haven't formally introduced us." Sammy gasped "this is Nate my personal guard or something and I am Sam prince of the westward kingdom." Sam said stuffing his face with food.

"I am Jack prince of the southern kingdom. This is Jack my protector." Jack said eating a orange.

"How old are you guys?" Sam asked. Nate didn't say a word he kept picking at his food.

"I am 7"

"I am 5"

"Cool! Nate is 7 also!" Sammy said bouncing up and down excitedly. "I am 5 too!" He squealed.

"Come children lunch is over" the teacher yelled. His name mr.Lancer.

We all got up and threw our trash away.

"Can me and Jack go to the bathroom?" Nathan asked pulling my wrist.

"Yes" he said turning to the children running down the hallway twords the class.

Sammy had his arm around JJ shoulder. That's not fair! That should be me!

I groan in frustration as I turn to look were Nathan is pulling me.

We went into the boys bathroom.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked sitting on the counter. He was washing his hands and laughed.

"I don't hate you but I don't like you either" he said turning the water off.

"Ok, why don't you like me?" I asked sanding by him as he dried his hands off.

He took a deep breath "I am just scared." He said looking down.

"Why Nathan?" I asked putting my arm around him.

He laughed "you can just call me Nate. I am scared that sammy will leave me for you guys." He said voice shaking slightly.

"Why would you say that? Sammy is your best friend."

"I just don't to lose him. Promise you won't take him from me? He is the only friend I have." He said a tear falling.

"Oh Nate, Jack and I are your friends now. I promise" I said rubbing his shoulder.

"Thanks Jack" he said whipping his eyes.

"Come on lets go back" I said holding the door for him.

"Yeah" he laughed slightly.

We both walked down the hallway to the classroom.

"Oh boys, go sit there" he said pointing to the seats.

I looked over to see Jack was siting next to sammy. My heart dropped.

They were laughing about something. I hate this feeling!

I stomped over to the empty desks.

Laid my head down on the cold wood.

"You feel it too?" Nate asked. I grunted.

"Yes and I hate it! Nate, why do I feel like this?" I said picking my head up.

"Tom says it's because you love someone." Nate said looking at sammy and Jack.

"What's love?" I asked clenching my fist. I don't like people getting close to JJ. They are going to take JJ from me.

"I don't know" Nate said. I sighed.

"Do you want to come over today?" Nate asked.

"I can ask Albert" I said drawing on my paper.

"Hey pay attention" mr.Lancer yelled at us.

After school------------

"Jacky! Sammy is coming over!" Jack said running up to Nate and I.

Jack was holding onto Sammy's wrist.

I scoff "yeah sure" I pulled Nate with me to our limo.

"Hello boys" Jeffery greeted us.

"Hi" I grumbled and pulled Nate into the limo with me.

"Chance! Meet sammy" I heard Jack squeal. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms around my chest.

"Hello sammy, come on boys get in the car" Chance said ushering them in the car.

They sat on the opposite side. They were giggling about something.

Chance and Jeffery sat on the side.

"So who is this?" Chance asked pointing towards Nate.

"This is Nathan my new best friend." I said sticking my tongue out towards Jack. He didn't notice.

"Oh I see nice to meet you Nathan, I am Chance, and this is Jeffery." Chance said pointing towards Jeffery.

"You look like G and Jack but older." Nate said messing with Jeffrey's hat.

Chance and Jeffery laughed.

"Jacky! Sammy likes cars too!" JJ squealed.

"Hurray!" I faked smiled.

"Ok boys we are here" chance and Jeffery said opening the door for us.

I grabbed Nate's wrist and pulled him out. We started walking away towards the castle.

"What do you want to do first?" I asked he just looked around and shrugged.

"Jacky! Why did you leave me?" JJ asked running up to us with sammy.

"No I wasn't, me and Nate were trying to find something to do" I said continuing to walk.

Sammy gasped "only I call him Nate" sammy pouted.

"No sammy they are our friends they can call me Nate." He said putting his arm around sammy.

"Jacky! Let's go play in the garden" JJ said taking my hand and started skipping towards the garden.

My heart started pounding. I looked behind me and Nate gave me a thumbs up.

Here goes nothing.