Chapter Forty-Eight

Chester's POV

"Just tell me where we're going." Grace pined into my ear as we boarded the plane.

"Nope. It's a secret." I smiled smugly as she sat back in her chair as if she had given up trying to divulge an answer from me.

"I don't understand why you won't tell me, it's my honeymoon too." She took an exhausted sigh and stared into my eyes like she was making an attempt to draw the information from me.

"But it's a surprise; therefore you mustn't know." I winked at her as she leant against my chest and closed her eyes in a half sleep.

"It's Hawaii. In case you were wondering." I mumbled into her hair.

My smirk grew as Grace bolted up right, jumping out of my embrace and staring at me in shock.

"Really?" She asked quietly, like she was suddenly a five year old girl again.

"Really." I confirmed. Grace swung her arms around my neck and kissed me softly.

She had that smile on her face again, like nothing and no one could faze her happiness. She kept looking up at me and then out the little plane window and back at me again, like she couldn't believe it.

I couldn't quite understand her happiness, her excitement was more than just that honeymoon feeling and I was shocked to find that even a few hours into the flight she was still smiling.

"Thank you Chester. No one has ever done anything like this for me before."

That's the real thing I didn't understand and at times it angered me. To think that Grace wasn't offered the world when she deserved it the most. To think at times she wasn't treated with the upmost respect and loving she needed. But when the anger came I remembered that now I could do all them things; I could give her the world and never let her go.

Grace's POV

This place was beautiful, with beaches that could go on forever, sea you could bathe in. There wasn't any place I'd rather be right now.

I lay on the sand, the sun reflecting onto me as the sea floated in and out. The noise was soothing and I realised just how much I appreciate the silence, having become so used to the hectic lifestyle I now lead. It was nice for the world to seem like me and Chester were the only inhabitants. It was nice to be alone.

"Come on Gracie!" Chester begged, attempting to pull me up.

"I don't want to go in the sea, I've already told you a hundred times before." He gave me a puppyish look, like he was disappointed and upset by my response.

I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands grabbed my waist and he threw me round his shoulder- lifting me up off the ground. He sprinted towards the sea and dropped me into the water.

"Oh my God Chester!" I whined as I managed to regain my breath.

He just giggled like a little boy, as if this was most amusing thing he had ever seen. Seeing Chester laugh like that made me join in too, we just stood in this water and giggled away with each other. It felt stupid, like such a childish thing to do but I didn't want to stop laughing. Because this feeling felt incredible.

"I'm sorry." He pouted, walking over towards me.

"It's okay." I whispered back, Chester cupping my face with his hands.

I titled my head slightly and he placed his lips onto mine. Shivers ran through my body as the kiss grew deeper and my hands were tousled in his hair. His hands moved from my face and slowly moved down to my hips; our lips still connected.

He pulled away, catching his breath and then just stared at me like nothing could get any better, like he was amazed he just kissed me. Which was stupid considering we were married and all but I liked that feeling; the feeling that I was wanted in this world. And only Chester could give me that sensation.