Chapter Five

I've never been one to fall for someone so quickly, it seemes ridiculous and I wondered whether I was getting all the signs mixed up but as I sit in Chester's car as he drives me to a location I wasn't allowed to know; I was sure that I already cared about him and all that was to come. 

We never dropped converstation once for the whole car journey, rebounding off of each other's words. I now knew what Chester ordered at his favourite restaurants, it seemed like to a stupid piece of information but I knew I would never forget. I have a tendancy to find flaws in people who I have just met but as I studied Chester and listened contently to what he was saying I found nothing. As I explained to him all of my embarassing moments he didn't laugh but acted like it was him in the situation. I liked that, I liked everything Chester had to say.

Chester pulled up onto the side of the road, by this time it was beginning to get dark and I could see every star in the sky. It was already magical. As Chester opened my door I gazed around at where Chester had taken me, I'm not sure exactly where we were but we were high and there stood a single bench which faced the city lights- it looked breath-taking at night.

"Wow." I looked over to Chester who was admiring me with a pleased smile on his face. 

"I found it when I moved here, it gets even more beautiful everytime." He shuffled over to the back of his car and pulled out a few blankets and a picnic basket. I smiled at the thought of tonight, under the light of the stars. 

"When you moved here? You haven't lived here all your life?" I questioned as we walked over to the bench. 

"No, I moved here when I got offered a place in Rock Of Ages- I live in Los Angeles." He seemed scared to tell me, as if he was frightened of my reaction. 

"Really?" I smiled at him and he stared at me even more quizically. "I live in LA too, I'm just here for some busisness thing." 

"No way.." He smiled at me and it all clicked. Everything just seemed perfect. Is this what people meant by soul-mates?

We talked for hours about nothing and everything. We joked and ate as the hours flashed by and left us with no recollection of what the time was but none of it mattered. I sat wrapped up in a blanket and one draped round both me and Chester, the city lights were fading, the moment perfect. 

"Chester.." I stated timidly; he turned to look at me, his face reflecting beautifully in the moonlight. "I have to leave. In five days, back to LA."

His eyes lost their spark, he searched mine and smiled as if it was okay- it wasn't. I was leaving the man I was falling for. This smile wasn't like his normal grin, this one was full of despair and the unknown. 

"I guess I'll have to take you out tomorrow then." He winked and the buttlerflies appeared.