53 - Tenacity

February 2018 - Pyeongchang Olympic Village

I mutter a string of curses under my breath as I hop to the door on one leg, trying to get the other through the now seemingly tiny hole of my sweatpants. Once I finally manage to pull them on I rip my hair tie out, only wincing slightly as it pulls against the knots in the birds nest on the top of my head and I twist my long hair back into a messy bun, wrapping the hair tie around it again. I take one glance at myself in the mirror, having no time to react to my frightening appearance as the incessant knocking on my door grows more impatient.

"Two seconds!" I yell, rubbing me tired eyes frantically, as if it would do anything to improve said horrid appearance "Coming!"

"Already?!" I hear an amused chuckle from the other side of the door and I don't have to strain my ears to know it's him "I just got here!"

"Ha ha. Funny!" I shout back before swinging the door open, exasperation plastered on my face when I quirk a brow at him "When did you get so cocky?"

"So what?!" he shrieks, his eyes popping out of their sockets as he blushes hot red, suddenly not so talkative.

"Nevermind, you've probably just been hanging out with Javi too much..." I roll my eyes, opening the door wider to yank him inside before letting it swing shut.

"Still sleeping?" he muses, pointing to the ruffled sheets on my bed.

"Yes! I'm jet lagged..." I cross my arms defensively, impatiently tapping my foot on the ground "Is that really the first thing that you-"

"No. Actually..." he starts, smiling at me dotingly as he steps closer to me, cupping my cheeks in his hands "I wanted to say I missed you but now I have a better idea..."

I smile against his lips as he kisses me, holding me close to him by the back of my neck as I snake my arms around his waist. My body curves into his as he presses me even closer, humming contently before pulling away, burying his head in my neck and pressing kisses there too, making me giggle. He wraps his hands around my waist, squeezing tightly when I hook mine around his neck and lifting me up, giving me the opportunity to wrap my legs around his waist.

I pull away, resting my forehead against his and staring into his chocolate brown eye, a big smile tugging at my lips "I missed you too Yuzu..."

~

"Yuzu... We agreed!" I whine squirming underneath him, still laughing because his breath is tickling my neck as much as his fingers are pinching my sides "We need to focus!"

"We are focused!" he scoffs, pulling away to sweetly kiss my cheek "We barely even touch each other, I just sleep here!"

"I-uh... Fine." I huff, trying to conceal the smile that was tugging at the corner of my lips because he was right, he hadn't touched me or even tried to since he got here two days ago. At least not in that way. Our touches were mostly affectionate and comforting rather than lustful or carnal because there was no time or energy for that here, anything that was a distraction or waste of time had no place in our lives this week. Except that we both seemed to need this, him maybe more than I, the comfort of sleeping entangled in each other's arms giving us some sort of piece of mind.

"Don't pretend like you actually want me to leave..." he clicks his tongue, rolling his eyes at me as he rolls us both to the side, pressing his chest against my back, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Don't pretend like you don't know that this is distracting." I bite back but he's right, even though there's no way in hell I'm admitting that. Does that make me unbelievably stubborn? Yes. Most people nowadays would choose to blame it on their astrological signs while I like to attribute my tenacity and the longevity of my skating career to it.