15 - Revelations

"Ugh! I'll get it, you guys pick a new game for us to play." I huff, getting up and making my way towards the door. When I open it my smile replaced by a confused frown.

"WHO'S AT THE DOOR DARIA?!" I hear Chris shout from the living room.

"Nick? What are you doing here?"

"Oh hey D... Can I talk to Chris please?!" he looks at me with pleading eyes.

"I- um... Yeah...? I guess, but are you okay?" I step aside to let him in "Let me go get her..."

I walk back to the living room, my brows still furrowed in confusion. I clear my throat to get everyone's attention and they all turn their heads towards me.

"Soooo... Who was it?" Chris asks, dragging out her words.

"My brother..." I mumble inaudibly.

"Huh?"

"You wanna tell me why my brother is here, looking like a lost puppy and wanting to speak to you?" I speak up, shooting a glare in Christina's direction. As soon as she processes what I said she grits her teeth and gets up, stomping towards the hall with clenched fists. I look at Roman, even more confused than I was before, glad to see that he seemed at least as clueless as me, if not more.

"GET OUT! JUST GET THE HELL OUT!"

Roman and I both dash towards the hallway when we hear Christina scream.

"Chris please! Just please hear me out..." Nick pleads as she's shoving him out the door.

"Nick, I do not want to hear it! SODD OFF AND GO BACK TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" she shouts, slamming the door in his face.

Roman and I both stare at her as she's just looking into the void, taking deep breaths with her back pressed against the door.

"So... You wanna explain that?" I ask, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at her.

"Um... No, not really."

"Well you better... Because from where I'm standing it looks like you're having some sort of lovers quarrel with my brother."

"Can we just not talk about this right now?" she grumbles, brushing past me.

"No we can't!" I protest but she storms into her bedroom, shutting the door.

I hesitate a bit before turning to Roman, I flash him a half smile before saying "You should go in there, I don't think she's okay and I'd just make things worse..."

"Okay... Are you? Okay, I mean." he asks, turning towards me as he's about to open the door.

"I'm fine. Just confused, I really don't like it when people lie to me..."

I find Mateo still sitting on the couch, browsing through games. He looks up at me, and pats the spot next to him flashing me a reassuring smile. I let out a frustrated sigh as I let myself fall down on the couch.

"What was that all about?" he inquires, bringing his attention back to the TV screen.

"I'd like to know the same thing..."